Ccleaner Discussion About Toolbar

corjello

So uh, in reference to the post on the main page. Tarun can you post the hidden link to the clean install file so that the regulars here at Lunarsoft can have it? It would help alot. I still cant believe Mr.G would do this. He must be hiting the stage where he wants to reep some of the benifits of having a really succesful program.

)corjello(

Taken from http://piriform.com/

CCleaner is a system optimization and privacy tool for Windows.

Since the initial release in Feb 2004, CCleaner has very quickly grown in popularity and has now been downloaded over 14 million times!

New features are being added all the time and it has become one of the most popular PC utilities on the Internet.

Seems to make a mockery of everything that it was intended for originally.

But then again was this MrG's intentions from the word go.

Could soon be the least popular PC utility on the internet.

I have the slim version also, and have no problems with it. However I feel that more info should have been posted by Mr G about the different versions. None ccleaner and Lunarsoft forum members will probably download the bloated one.

Slightly off topic I also feel that people should have been advised that it may be a better idea not to leave the windows update uninstaller checked. I will only be cleaning the uninstallers after I am sure that the windows updates have caused no probs on my system.

Slightly off topic I also feel that people should have been advised that it may be a better idea not to leave the windows update uninstaller checked. I will only be cleaning the uninstallers after I am sure that the windows updates have caused no probs on my system.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a great point. In the last week (maybe 2 wks) 2 updates have caused quite a few problems. One of the updates caused me problems, and I decided to uncheck that option for a while. I'll probably only use it every now and then when needed.