Alternative to MSN MESSENGER?

JMac

Hi Guys,

I must admit i love msn messenger but i thought it was about time that i went out looking for an app that gives the same features mayb even more. but i have been hearing msn's not all that great when you compare it up to others. but MSN is famous for.

Will you be on MSN tonight?

But even know its not even MSN there using as there client. :P

So can you guys help me out :)

G'day JMac,

as for Instant Messengers I tend to steer away from MSN and all corporate type programs.

My main choice for an IM program is Trillian Pro.

The reason I chose Trillian is because it lets me use my AIM, Yahoo and ICQ profiles from the one program without having to launch each individual one.

The other nice thing with Trillian is that I can 'group' other people's profiles, by that I mean, if one of your friends has an AIM and ICQ profile you can group these two profiles together without needing to launch each program to try and contact them.

Also with grouping, it will show, what profile/s your friends are currently logged in with, thereby also shortening your time trying to see where they currently are.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers :P

I personally use GAIM, which basically does everything Trillian does. Only I like it better, which obviously makes it the best. :P

G'day JMac,

as for Instant Messengers I tend to steer away from MSN and all corporate type programs.

My main choice for an IM program is Trillian Pro.

The reason I chose Trillian is because it lets me use my AIM, Yahoo and ICQ profiles from the one program without having to launch each individual one. 

The other nice thing with Trillian is that I can 'group' other people's profiles, by that I mean, if one of your friends has an AIM and ICQ profile you can group these two profiles together without needing to launch each program to try and contact them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 1 month later...