Mentalmdc - Log 1

Hi, all I am new here so am not quite sure how this works, but i followed a guide and it said i shuld post my lodfile here and someone would reply and tell me if there is anything i could do to speed up my system. So thankyou for the help.

-THE M-

• Administrator

Thanks for posting Mentalmdc, your log is clean. The following are basic cleanup and system optimizations.

Generated by Tarun's HijackThis Converter v0.50 Beta.

Default-color items are optional, red are known to be malicious.

Enumeration of existing IE's BHO's

O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll

Enumeration of existing IE's toolbars

O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll

Enumeration of suspicious auto-loading registry entries

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb04.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"

O4 - Global Startup: ATI CATALYST System Tray.lnk = C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.exe

Extra IE context menu items

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000

Extra "Tools" menu items and buttons

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL

G'day Mentalmdc,

as Tarun stated, they are optional for you to remove and may well increase your system speed.

Rule of Thumb: If Tarun says it's right to go after having checked your log, get rid of it! He hasn't steered us wrong yet. :P

Cheers :)

• Administrator

So, with this information, I should rescan and remove all the ones you have listed?

Thankyou for Helping  ;)

Yes, simply rescan with HijackThis; then check all of the items I listed above for removal. ;)

G'day Mentalmdc,

as Tarun stated, they are optional for you to remove and may well increase your system speed.

Rule of Thumb:  If Tarun says it's right to go after having checked your log, get rid of it!  He hasn't steered us wrong yet.  :)

Cheers :)

Thanks Senuty! :P

• Administrator

Cool, Thankyou

I just reduced my active process from 56 to 47  :) , however looking through them i seem to have about 5 different  versions of svchost.exe  is this normal??

Yep, perfectly normal! :P