Guild Wars

Tarun

• Administrator

So who all here plays Guild Wars?

I've got a guild called the Lunarian Knights.

My character Tarun with 15k Dragon armor dyed black and our cape:

Requirements to join:

Microphone

Ventrilo 2.1.4 (Can be downloaded)

Friendly and helpful

On frequently.

We have a website!

http://lunarianknights.spy-gaming.com/

• Administrator

100% free, no monthly fees to play.

Best Buy has it for 40 bucks right now.

PC Processor Type Intel® Pentium® III processor or equivalent

PC Processor Speed 800MHz

PC Operating System Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me), Windows 2000, Windows XP

PC System Memory 256MB RAM

PC Hard Drive Space 250MB

PC Video 32MB GeForce 2 class-compatible video card

PC Sound Card Sound Card

PC Additional Requirements Internet service required to access online features

G'day,

yeah, I've got to agree with the retarded part. I got myself a copy of Guild Wars, set it up and ran into the same problem.... need an account ;)

If they ever come out with a trial period, sign me up as from what I've seen and read it seems to be a very good game.

Cheers :w00t:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sprong Trod Smash! Sprong Trod need healer! Ok enough of that, are you going to update our cape Tarun? You still got the old one posted. Guild Wars rules. You can catch me in game as Sprong Trod (W/E), Spoons Mcgee (N/R) or Master Tee (Mo/Me).

*Looks like the cape was updated! Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to encourage everyone that wants to test the game to go to www.guildwars.com and read about the new expansion version. They are running a free trial this weekend from Jan. 20-Jan. 22. I know I'll be on a lot this weekend! I now have a nifty picture of my uber warrior Sprong Trod. Anyone who reads this and actually plays, add me to friends! See ya in game.

post-43-1137566380_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

question.. i have a 2.8ghz/1gb ram/geforce 6600 card computer, but my guild war runs so slow if i increase the graphic settings.. it lags in Cantha even when i set it to the lowest setting. Is this because of my graphic card? what should i upgrade to improve it? (btw according to tarun my hijackthis log file is clean)

pliz help i cant stand this snapshot guildwar anymore

Your computer probably could run full maxed-out (except maybe AA) on regular Guild Wars... perhaps Cantha lags because 1, DX9 as Tarun said, but maybe because they've used new effects, i.e., HDR / Bloom, etc. Your computer is 400 mHz faster than mine, not to mention you have a good graphics card.

okay something i realized... when i first opened guildwars everything runs perfectly fine, but after like 30min to an hour the performance went down dramatically. my FPS went from 16-20 to 6-10.

is there a particular reason for this?

• Administrator

okay something i realized... when i first opened guildwars everything runs perfectly fine, but after like 30min to an hour the performance went down dramatically. my FPS went from 16-20  to 6-10. 

is there a particular reason for this?

Tried defragging?