Speaker Problem

This has been happening for ages now, I was wondering if anyone (Tarun has been helping loads) could fix this problem?

This is my current C-Media list:

cmiprobor8.jpg

Here is what I have done so far:

Checked all Sound Settings on my PC to see if thats what causing the problem - so far it appears not.

Put new speakers in - same problem.

Tried with headphones - same problem.

Checked for new driver on http://driveragent.com/ - I have the latest driver - I can download the driver again as a backup, but it costs money - and it says I don't have to, as I have the latest version.

Anything else anyone can suggest?

This has been happening for ages now, I was wondering if anyone (Tarun has been helping loads) could fix this problem?

Here is what I have done so far:

Checked all Sound Settings on my PC to see if thats what causing the problem - so far it appears not.

Put new speakers in - same problem.

Tried with headphones - same problem.

Checked for new driver on http://driveragent.com/ - I have the latest driver - I can download the driver again as a backup, but it costs money - and it says I don't have to, as I have the latest version.

Anything else anyone can suggest?

Really the only thing I can think of, having had similar problem in the past (left speaker didn't seem to work) was changing my sound card itself. Might want to see if you can lay your hands on another sound card and swap them out to see if that's the problem.

Cheers :love:

ok, i know that this sounds completely stupid and dumb; but if you havent tried it already, youll be wondering why you havent. first, make sure on your playback control (Start>control panel>sounds and audio devices>volume tab>advanced) that the balance is centered for all the options. then, try the volume tab again and the speaker volume button, and make sure both sliders are at max. if both of those don't work, i suggest trying out the problem in diffrent programs, just to make sure its a hardware problem and not software. try like WMP, iTunes, Foobar and then you should be able to deduce the program causing the problem or find out you really do need a new sound card.

)corjello(

Ok, I had this problem. It was due... to having the volume on the speakers up to high. It blew the left channel's Onboard connector within the sound port. The sound port only worked out of the main speaker which was the right speaker. I had to replace thie Motherboard or buy a new Sound Card. I took option two of course. Then I bought a new Motherboard and I always remind myself to NOT have my volume up while turning on or shutting down my computer.

Been going through all my settings, they're all how they should be corjello, thanks though. Could be what caused the problem on mine New_Age, but I just want to fix it. Its really odd, when the speakers are switched on, a very faint buzzing noise comes out of both speakers, but when music is played, it only comes out of the right speaker.

Been going through all my settings, they're all how they should be corjello, thanks though. Could be what caused the problem on mine New_Age, but I just want to fix it. Its really odd, when the speakers are switched on, a very faint buzzing noise comes out of both speakers, but when music is played, it only comes out of the right speaker.
That VERY same noise happen to me. It was more of a click fuzzy noise though.

I'm telling you, your Onboard sound is gone. It just happens and believe me I p***ed me off when it happen to mine.

• Administrator

I had once lost all sound to my speakers, headphones, everything. I think there was even a small buzz. The way I got it fixed? I unplugged my entire computer and left it alone for half an hour (least I believe it was that, unsure though).

What happened was this allowed the speakers to discharge some electrical buildup that started to screw with them. I actually unplugged the computer and the surge protector from the wall to resolve it.