Advice on virtual network

corjello

Are there any well known programs out there that allow a person to create a virtual network, or some efficient way of sharing files easily over a pair of computers that aren't in the same house? My brother attends ohio state, and i live in georgia, so I was wondering if there is an easy solution for us to easily share files between our computers.

)corjello(

• Administrator
Hamachi gives you LAN over the Internet and VPN capabilities. Virtually any application that works over local/home networks can also be used over Hamachi networks. Think - Windows File Sharing, iTunes, Remote Desktop, Remote Assistance or even gaming - all fully encrypted, authenticated and peer-to-peer.

Hamachi gives you LAN over the Internet and VPN capabilities. Virtually any application that works over local/home networks can also be used over Hamachi networks. Think - Windows File Sharing, iTunes, Remote Desktop, Remote Assistance or even gaming - all fully encrypted, authenticated and peer-to-peer.

G'day boss,

does it matter what type of connection you've got? IE: will a cable subscriber be able to use this with someone else who's on dial-up, and vice versa.

Cheers :love:

• Administrator

G'day boss,

does it matter what type of connection you've got? IE: will a cable subscriber be able to use this with someone else who's on dial-up, and vice versa.

Cheers :love:

This was the most relevant post I could find about dial-up there. This topic talked some about dialup. I wouldn't think it would be the best to use with dialup however.

will this solution be able to drag files from his computer to my computer and viceversa?

edit-wow, never mind....

)corjello(

Yeah, it supports Windows File Sharing and more.

• 1 month later...