America's Army Training Question

G'day,

I've noticed somewhere, for the life of me can't remember where I saw it though, that you also play 'Americas Army'.

Downloaded, installed, registered, blah, blah, blah..... Finished my first training session - Marksmanship (got Sharpshooter for it punk.gif ) and am now trying to get through the flippin' Obstacle Course.

Have had 11 attempts at it but always run out of time, normally 4-6 seconds too slow :w00t:

I currently use keyboard and mouse to navigate as for some reason the game doesn't recognise my Sidewinder, but with my fingers getting tangled up I don't finish in time as stated.

Soooo, what I'm after is any tips to get through this without swearing and cursing at the screen all the time and getting slaps upside the head from S.W.M.B.O...

Cheers ;)

:w00t:

Thanks for the advice, finally found the printout for the keyboard layout (didn't that make life easier :eyeroll: ).

However, before having found that, I made it through with 3 seconds to spare, and that didn't include running.

The fifth obstacle was what was giving me grief, kept falling off and having to go around to try again.

However, as stated, made it through, now I'm stuck at the MOUT training..... ;) how the heck do you 'talk' to the instructors??????

All advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Eh???

Now I'm completely confuzzled :w00t: , not doubting what you're saying, just confused.

Was continuously trying 'Tab' and 'T', but as you can guess, no joy.

****, gotta wait 8 hours to try it out..... but thanks again for the advice.

Cheers ;)

• Administrator

Eh???

Now I'm completely confuzzled  :w00t: , not doubting what you're saying, just confused.

Was continuously trying 'Tab' and 'T', but as you can guess, no joy.

****, gotta wait 8 hours to try it out..... but thanks again for the advice.

Cheers ;)

The E key is the Use/Action key.

;)

Okay, I admit it, I'm a numpty....... now having said that, HOW THE HELL do you get through the MOUT training???

For the life of me I can not get above 4000 points.... running, walking, sprinting can't seem to get it.

I've tried both weapons, Pistol and AR (prefer pistol for close quarter) but as I've said my point count doesn't get above 4000. Oh, I also tend to double tap with the pistol in case you're wondering about technique... should I refrain from this?

Sooooo, all help getting through this shamozzle would be appreciated.

Cheers :w00t:

• 2 months later...

Tarun,

What did you qualify at in Basic at the Marksman Training ?

I qualified at Sharpshooter with 35 hits..

No matter how many times I try I cannot seem to get the extra hit for an Expert Qualification.....

Expert, 40/40.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you use your mouse or keyboard to shoot ? :P

Oh well, I'll keep trying foe Expert because I want to go on to Adv. Marksmanship and eventually SF training.....Any tips ?

BTW ... My compass at the top keeps moving and I have to keep arranging my mouse to hold er steady..Is this supposed to happen or am I missing some sort of lock on the keyboard to hold my compass steady ? :eyeroll:

• Administrator

Did you use your mouse or keyboard to shoot ? :P

Oh well, I'll keep trying foe Expert because I want to go on to Adv. Marksmanship and eventually SF training.....Any tips ?

BTW ... My compass at the top keeps moving and I have to keep arranging my mouse to hold er steady..Is this supposed to happen or am I missing some sort of lock on the keyboard to hold my compass steady ? :eyeroll:

I just wait for the target to appear, snapzoom in, fire, hit. Sniper training can be pretty stupid though. :\

I used my laser mouse and that was it really.

Are you serious, everything about that game is easy, RUB IT IN YO FACE!

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't say it was hard , rather fun to me. Ooh Rah ! :P

I like the idea you can repeat the training to perfect your skills.

In real=life basic training we didn't get that chance. punk.gif

In real=life basic training we didn't get that chance.

nor do you get to "retry" after you shoot the sargent or whoever in the face LOL. :P

only thing i found hard in the AA training was the Parachute Jump and the Special forces or whatever that last training mission was.

nor do you get to "retry" after you shoot the sargent or whoever in the face LOL. :D

only thing i found hard in the AA training was the Parachute Jump and the Special forces or whatever that last training mission was.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D;):D:P

I adjusted my mouse sensitivity to make Expert Marksman....Duh...

• 2 weeks later...

nor do you get to "retry" after you shoot the sargent or whoever in the face LOL. :shocking:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D:D:w00t::lol:

I adjusted my mouse sensitivity to make Expert Marksman....Duh...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Usually you want to have high sensitivity in a "run-and-gun" kinda twich game, and for sniping you usally want it low to have more precision :)