Prefer Old Member Group Colours

• Administrator

Several groups were removed and two became one such as News and Reviews; now it is Editors. There are not very many colors that will show up clearly, and this change allowed for group expansion.

Yep, if I do anything that requires me knowing what a particular colour is, then I have to ask someone.

For instance, if I am doing something on a computer and I have a colour chart up, I always get someone to confirm that I am picking a a red or blue or whatever colour I am after, because I know what I want, but I just can't be sure that I am picking right.

I called my daughter into my room the other day because I wanted to know if I was picking a certain colour out, she even told me off the top of her head what the RGB and hex values were, that surprised me.

Yep, if I do anything that requires me knowing what a particular colour is, then I have to ask someone.

For instance, if I am doing something on a computer and I have a colour chart up, I always get someone to confirm that I am picking a a red or blue or whatever colour I am after, because I know what I want, but I just can't be sure that I am picking right.

I called my daughter into my room the other day because I wanted to know if I was picking a certain colour out, she even told me off the top of her head what the RGB and hex values were, that surprised me.

Do you have trouble with captchas?

Thats pretty bad man. I'm sorry to hear that.

Oh, it's not so bad, my dad is colour blind as well, as is my brother and my son's.

My son's actually convince people that they see the world in black and white sometimes. :happybday:

Hey Cappy,

If it's any help, the new Super Mod color is a nice shade of "hot pink". :happybday:

I now need to ask my daughter what colour the Super Mod icon is now.

Do you have trouble with captchas?

What do you mean by captchas?

Yeah, some cause trouble for non-colorblind people too...

Really?, I never knew that.

I wonder if sometimes, depending on the type of captcha, he actually has an easier time than color viewers?

That is something to think about.

If anyone who does not have trouble seeing colours, ever comes across a captcha that causes problems for them, then they should take a screenie, and post it here to see if I can see it.

Yeah, some cause trouble for non-colorblind people too...

Really?, I never knew that.

Yes. There are many different captchas used on different sites, some are obviously more difficult to read/interpret than others.

The simplest may just have a word written with black text on a white background, while there are more complex ones with different font-size and different font-color and maybe even different font-face for each letter, and have different letter-spacing, line-height on each letter. With lines and pixels over the letters to obfuscate them, etc.

I wonder if sometimes, depending on the type of captcha, he actually has an easier time than color viewers?

Thats an interesting question. I suspect so. With less colors, maybe it would be easier to concentrate on it, without get disturbed by lots of different colors. But I guess it varies from captchas to capatchas, maybe some are easier, some are more difficult.