Time changes

Do Americans alter the time on their clocks to make the most of daylight hours?

For instance we put our clocks forward an hour in Spring and back an hour in Autumn, which we will do Sunday morning.

It is 11.22 here at the moment and I am guessing you guys (Tarun DjLizard) are 6 hours behind at the moment, so as from Sunday you will only be 5 hours behind.

So you are only 5 hours behind and still will be.

Do your clocks go back this weekend?

For instance we put our clocks forward an hour in Spring and back an hour in Autumn, which we will do Sunday morning.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the States, we have a old saying to help people keep it straight.

"Spring forward and Fall back"

Our time gets moved ahead a hour on the last Sunday in April and back on the last Sunday in October. In 2007 it will change to the second Sunday in March and the first Sunday in November. Guess I'll need to get a new alarm clock since mine has a chip that changes the time for daylight savings. ;)

Japan is the only industrialized advanced nation that does not adhere to daylight savings time. In Canada, various provinces are following suit to match the US move on daylight savings. The reason for the changes to daylight savings is environmental and cost-more daylight earlier in the year, has been predicted to save the economy millions in energy bills.

Do Americans alter the time on their clocks to make the most of daylight hours?

It is 11.22 here at the moment and I am guessing you guys (Tarun & DjLizard) are 6 hours behind at the moment, so as from Sunday you will only be 5 hours behind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

G'day folks,

Heh, only 5 hours difference huh? We're I'm from, it's currently 0830am (at time of posting), therefore making it 9.30pm London and 4:30pm NY time, both days for you folk being Sunday, whilst it's already Monday for me :le sigh:

Hey, I guess that makes me a time traveller then? Hmmmm, wonder if I can turn this to my advantage by getting the Lotto numbers early???........ ;)

Cheers ;)

G'day folks,

Heh, only 5 hours difference huh?  We're I'm from, it's currently 0830am (at time of posting), therefore making it 9.30pm London and 4:30pm NY time, both days for you folk being Sunday, whilst it's already Monday for me :le sigh:

Hey, I guess that makes me a time traveller then?  Hmmmm, wonder if I can turn this to my advantage by getting the Lotto numbers early???........  ;)

Cheers ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We use it in Canada as well. ;)