In Need Of Some XP Folder Icons - Different Colours

You know the basic open folder icon? I'm looking for a variation of different colours of them. From here I got the XP Folders, which had some cool software ones, but for the desktop, they don't look polished. There are some brilliant ones in XP iCandy, but only Green, Blue, and Grey.

I'm in need of Grey, Green, Purple, and Pink, and more, if you know. Many thanks.

Don't know where to find such icons.

Though, I guess you might be able todo it yourself, with some software, I guess you could extract the .ico maybe, and then open them in an icon editor, copy the image to some image editing software, convert it to greyscale, then apply some color tint and tint it to green, red, pink or whatever, and copy the image back to the icon editor and save it.

Icons of folders with different colors is a good idea. I think it would be good if they came with the operating system.

This will let you convert ICOs to PNGs and vice versa. Then use Photoshop or other program to change the Hue/Saturation to make it pink :happybday:

Wow, I didn't realise that was online. As I have Paint.NET, I'll get that extractor, and I'm done.

EDIT: Are there any freeware versions of Microangelo Librarian?

EDIT: Are there any freeware versions of Microangelo Librarian?

I don't know, I have only used it briefly, and it was several years ago. I think not. I think there is only a trial version available.

There might be other software which can extract icons though.

Did a brief search, and found XN Resource Editor, its a so called "resource editor", it can look up stuff in .dll files, and show icons, hopefully it can extract too, but don't know, since I never tried it.

First you need to extract it from shell32.dll though.

Where do I find this?

EDIT: Found, how do I extract the icon I want?

EDIT: Its got a black or white background....

Its in %WINDIR% under system32.

On most systems, that is in C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll

You open the shell32.dll file with XN, then you choose extract or something.