Webcam Switching Itself Off

That I don't know, it was just an idea, if I can get my eldest son off of WoW for long enough then I will borrow his laptop to have a play around and look at some settings, he has a built in cam too.

That said though, if it is only cutting out on WLM and not other software, then it definitely sounds WLM related.

.......if I can get my eldest son off of WoW for long enough then I will borrow his laptop to have a play around and look at some settings........

BOOOOOO HISSSSSSSS!

Mean dad! Do you know how much raid time you could be cutting into........?

Hello, my name is Senutyenool and I'm a WoW Junkie.... it all started when......

Heheh

Cheers :hmm:

Have you tried updating/reinstall Windows Live Messenger and seeing if the problem persists?

Tried that numerous times, no luck.

Oh, and the bit of software that I tired it with is called Acer OrbiCam.

Another interesting thing to note is when I hit Advanced under Webcam settings WLM completely crashes and I have to open WLM again.

.......if I can get my eldest son off of WoW for long enough then I will borrow his laptop to have a play around and look at some settings........

BOOOOOO HISSSSSSSS!

Mean dad! Do you know how much raid time you could be cutting into........?

Hello, my name is Senutyenool and I'm a WoW Junkie.... it all started when......

Heheh

But surely living the WoW life every spare moment, such as when he is not sleeping, eating or working is a bad thing.

Even my youngest boy has ditched the Xbox 360 to go back on WoW lately.

THREAD HIJACK WARNING!

Yeah, the game can suck you in. It had me hooked for 10 months, spent every spare moment playing it, then hit the highest level and went; 'Now what?'. Gave it up after that, but will probably go back for a while once the new expansion is released.

I know of 2 sets of couples that broke up because of this game. I'm one of the lucky ones where my better half also plays an on-line game and doesn't begrudge me the time I spent on WoW as long as I didn't bemoan the time she spent on hers.

• 2 weeks later...