Firefox 3 and acid tests

Tarun

• Administrator

Acid3 is a test page from the Web Standards Project that checks how well a web browser follows certain web standards, especially relating to the DOM and JavaScript.

ok, so the higher or closer to 100, if thats the benchmark the better it is? Does this test taking place mean its closer to a release date?

RC1 means that it is release candidate 1 which means that is rather close to release.

Development cycle go like this;

Alpha -> Beta -> Release Candidate -> Final build

There might be a RC2 or RC3 before release.

ACID3 is a standard compliant rendering test for web-browsers. The more tests it passes, the more standards-compliant it (should) be.

It's not really RC1, it's RC1 candidate 1 - it will become RC1 if no major bugs turn up (a candidate to become a candidate, is that ever convoluted). Still, it might wind up as the final release; again, barring major bugs. There's a community Testday tomorrow to hunt for those bugs, anyone's welcome to join in (you need an IRC client).

The nightly builds have been scoring 71 on Acid3 for quite a while. They could have gotten it higher, but decided it wasn't a high priority.

It's not really RC1, it's RC1 candidate 1 - it will become RC1 if no major bugs turn up (a candidate to become a candidate, is that ever convoluted). Still, it might wind up as the final release; again, barring major bugs. There's a community Testday tomorrow to hunt for those bugs, anyone's welcome to join in (you need an IRC client).

The nightly builds have been scoring 71 on Acid3 for quite a while. They could have gotten it higher, but decided it wasn't a high priority.

this is off the subject but you live near Mt. St. Helena, WOW!! many years ago I went on a vacation to Mt. Ranier with my wife truly God's country just beautiful

Yes, it is nice country. Long, rainy winters, but nice country...

I'm surprised no one had any comments about the insanity of having release candidate candidates, which seems ridiculous to me. Anyway, Testday part 2 for the build will be next Friday 7AM to 5PM PDT, they can always use more testers. http://quality.mozilla.org/