Speed test: Google Chrome beats Firefox, IE, Safari

RTZ

I still have to try it out. It looks according to screenshots and wiki that its using tabs more and is really a no frills sort of browser. I like FF 3 cause I am so use to it, plus FF 3.1 will be lightning quick .

• Administrator

Right now Chrome is a bare bones browser and has just enough to function. Firefox and other browsers have some extra bells and whistles that surely have an effect on performance of things.

I tried it out.

It starts very fast, faster than Firefox and IE. Even though it has a little different GUI than ordinary applications.

It is very user-centered and at start-up displays thumbnails of the last sites visited.

It is intuitive, clean, fast and easy. I think kids and elderly will appreciate it.

I can picture it stealing market share from IE users.

Personally I like Firefox though, because it has some nice extensions and features which I use.

• Administrator

Adding on to my previous post:

I didn't care much for the browser and I felt like Firefox is faster. Chrome simply delayed displaying the page under it was fully rendered. It's barebones which is why it's so much faster right now. After more features and such get integrated, it'll slow down. Chrome may render fast, but I think this is quite good too:

IE7 on the other hand... You literally have to hold N down to get an accurate result.

I tried it out.

It starts very fast, faster than Firefox and IE. Even though it has a little different GUI than ordinary applications.

It is very user-centered and at start-up displays thumbnails of the last sites visited.

It is intuitive, clean, fast and easy. I think kids and elderly will appreciate it.

I can picture it stealing market share from IE users.

Personally I like Firefox though, because it has some nice extensions and features which I use.

I concur with your synopsis (I agree).