new SYSTEM OF A DOWN

Monkey Proof

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to say that Hypnotize was the last good album i have bought. I am so p[layed out on the crap rollin' out. Any suggestions for some GOOD music? SOAD, TOOL, APC, PORTISHEAD, MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE. Just a couple favs. And in my opinion, I think that the first cd from soad is the best.

I dunno. I absolutely loved System of a Down's first 2 CDs, and sort of liked the third one. But I personally feel that they are degenerating, just like Korn did.

Gotta agree with sickchik79 and Tarun: Tool and Disturbed kick a** hardcore! Especially Disturbed. I got Ten Thousand Fists the week it came out, and I love every single track, which isn't something I can say about many CDs.

Also, I love Rammstein, but most of my friends don't really get into them. :(

I should screenshot my Mp3 folder.  About 5GB worth of Mp3s.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What quality are they saved at? I have a respectable hard rock collection (little over 100 albums or so) and altogether, I think I have around 160 albums.

I had them all saved as MP3s @ 128kbps, but that took up like 8 GB, and on a 30 GB HD, and that is a lot! So I ended up backing up most of them and only keeping the ones I really like on my notebook.

But one of these days, I'll have to hook up my 200 GB internal-turned-into-an-external HD and reencode all of my CDs at a higher bit-rate. One of these days...

I have about 300 mp3's saved on my computer. This took me a while and I learned a lot doing it. Through the forum here and ccleaner I found out about .ogg and things like that and also how to change the bit rate using various software.

Some people are more music orientated than others, and NEED music like other people need books, or videos.

I think, through music, I have improved my computer skills.

i really dont understand ripping, converting and the like concerning music. i just click and play. i need something in the car, i burn and insert and play. a lot of that stuff is just way over my head at this time, and i dont seem to get uninterrupted time to play around with applications.

to be honest, i have an expensive stereo upstairs hitched up with surround sound and my 47" tv, and i really dont care a whole lot more for it than the 100 buck speakers on my computer and the 17" monitor. i would like to get a 19" lcd one day-but this does the job, so i cant complain. :)

i have 30 gb of music on my computer, but i dont have a clue what size the files are. :) :)

i really dont understand ripping, converting and the like concerning music.  i just click and play.  i need something in the car, i burn and insert and play.  a lot of that stuff is just way over my head at this time, and i dont seem to get uninterrupted time to play around with applications. 

to be honest, i have an expensive stereo upstairs hitched up with surround sound and my 47" tv, and i really dont care a whole lot more for it than the 100 buck speakers on my computer and the 17" monitor.  i would like to get a 19" lcd one day-but this does the job, so i cant complain. :)

i have 30 gb of music on my computer, but i dont have a clue what size the files are. :)   :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree. i have no clue about codecs and files and all that stuff

Lets all boast about how many more mp3s we have got than other people? Christ.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wasn't trying to offend anyone, and I didn't think I came off as "boasting". Yes, I have more than Tarun, but many people have more than me (Andavari from the CCleaner forum has over 2000 albums!).

It isn't any worse than "boasting" about how fast our computers are by listing their specs, or "boasting" about how old we are, by listing our ages. I was simply conveying information to Tarun in an unobnoxious manner. And even if I do have more than him, his are better quality, so we are both winners in this "competition" which was never even taking place! :)

i think its cool to see how many tunes people have,(2000?, i dont even know that many artists/songs/albums!) or how fast their computers are or what they got. i didnt even know they had 3.4 computers till i saw taruns signature. his must be so fast he can fly it around the house. :)

I just bought 250 gigs of hardrive.Every CD i have is goin on my computer.And it's not how much you have but who you have. But that's my opinion. punk.gif I think 2000 albums is a little excessive.

Edit: I just checked and iI have 810 songs over 80 albums. 4.5 GB.