new SYSTEM OF A DOWN

Monkey Proof

It sounded very childish to me, and you lot are probably older than me, thats all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I'm sorry if you viewed it that way, but that was not the intent. And if I am older than you, it is only by a small margin. I'm 18 (but I don't like to give the exact date either).

And as far as how many CDs, originally I figured having more than 30 was excessive. And then I bought some more, and I liked them, and continued to buy more. I still listen to my older stuff as well as my new albums.

Who knows? Maybe one day, when I am old and decrepit, I will have over 2000 albums!

• Administrator

It sounded very childish to me, and you lot are probably older than me, thats all.

Who knows? Maybe one day, when I am old and decrepit, I will have over 2000 albums!

Don't let Andavari see that.

I think andavari and i are the same age............. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like I said, old and decr... punch.gif !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL! I remember when i was in my teens i thought those in their thirties were SO OLD! LOL!

You will find that your thirties are the best years of your life. By then you are usually financially stable and able to do the things that you wanted and have the possessions that you wanted to when you were younger but couldnt afford, you are still in great health (im in better shape than i have ever been), you may or may not already have met your life mate and have your kids, and the stresses of being young, finding yourself and planning for your retirement, etc. are either over or well on their way.

as for decr punch.gif ! - lol! i used to say that too- i can tell you that my dad in his late fifties can still bench press 250 lbs. as long as you take care of yourself you dont have to be weak when you get old. :)

By then you are usually financially stable............

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are?

Where did I go wrong then?

you are still in great health........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, maybe.

Who knows?

you may or may not already have met your life mate...........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stilll thinking about this one. :)

i can tell you that my dad in his late fifties can still bench press 250 lbs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is good going, I used to go to the gym 3 times a week up until my mid twenties, I really should do more nowadays.

Just to join in the conversation. Heres my specs

4th Generation iPod

20 Gig

1239 Songs

8.3 Gigs used

Plus, i just got 444 Songs from my friend (mostly rap) that need to be tagged and organized.

while im at it, no one here would happen to have an invite to this site would they?

http://oink.me.uk/

15 years old, workout every morning (0 period), swim durring the winter and baseball during the spring. i think im in pretty good shape, tho im not huge muscular type, just not a computer nerd who doesnt do anything

)corjello(

i get up between 4-5 each day and go to gym before work. weights m w f, cardio t thu sat. eat 6 small meals a day, 10 cups of water, havent had a drink in 29 days :) , and have droped 15 lbs. no fats, low carbs, and only good carbs when i get them. i lean up easy, and am fairly strong, but not a big muscular type either-but i was able to beat the time on everyone at the police officer physical ability testing to get hired. lots of young whipper snappers couldnt keep up with this old decrepid man. :)

i'm part of the 5k team for my department. only workout i ever do is run. i hate the gym. it always smells funky at gyms. i'm the fastest runner on the team so i'm always pressured to one with them. i also used to run x-country and distance events for track and field in high school. i set the district record during high school that lasted 5 years, my time was 4 minutes and 1 second.

EDIT: i run listening to SYSTEM OF A DOWN

...lots of young whipper snappers couldnt keep up with this old decrepid man. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh, yeah, I hate running, so you could probably whoop a whipper snapper like me any day in a race! :)

I can just picture this police officer sprinting to "Don't you ever get stuck in the sky!" (first album) punk.gif

Seriously though guys, thats awesome that you all keep in shape, cause a lot of people (such as myself) who have full-time jobs don't spend nearly as much time working out as we used to. I used to be pretty consistent with my weights, but now that I work, I've almost totally given that up. Although, whenever I end up moving into my new house, the basement will have room for my stuff, so I'm gonna try and get back into it again.

I think andavari and i are the same age............. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like I said, old and decr... punch.gif !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL! I remember when i was in my teens i thought those in their thirties were SO OLD! LOL!

You will find that your thirties are the best years of your life. By then you are usually financially stable and able to do the things that you wanted and have the possessions that you wanted to when you were younger but couldnt afford, you are still in great health (im in better shape than i have ever been), you may or may not already have met your life mate and have your kids, and the stresses of being young, finding yourself and planning for your retirement, etc. are either over or well on their way.

as for decr punch.gif ! - lol! i used to say that too- i can tell you that my dad in his late fifties can still bench press 250 lbs. as long as you take care of yourself you dont have to be weak when you get old. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. I will be 30 friday and look forward to the next 10 years. I plan on getting in shape as soon as i recover from surgery. I have been checking out some websites on natural remedies and vitamins, but they are all so complex. I guess I would be a newbie and wish there was a more simple site to gather info from. Interested in some yoga too, but need very beginner stuff. We are also looking into buying a house , so i can't wait to have a place to call mine. Make good decisions when you are young and these things will come easily.

Try this out chick:

http://www.bodyforlife.com/

http://www.bodyforlifers.com/community/forum/sitenews.asp

http://www.eatingforlife.com/

Its a recipe for positive living and great health. Nothing crazy, but keeps you fit and happy.

I never did any exercise in my teens, and when the bug hit me later on, i loved it! Once you get hit, its addictive! Weights, cardio, whatever, its all good for you. punk.gif

Try this out chick:

http://www.bodyforlife.com/

http://www.bodyforlifers.com/community/forum/sitenews.asp

http://www.eatingforlife.com/

Its a recipe for positive living and great health.  Nothing crazy, but keeps you fit and happy.

I never did any exercise in my teens, and when the bug hit me later on, i loved it!  Once you get hit, its addictive!  Weights, cardio, whatever, its all good for you. punk.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. I think my first step is goin to be to start a healthier way of eating.

i'm part of the 5k team for my department. only workout i ever do is run. i hate the gym. it always smells funky at gyms. i'm the fastest runner on the team so i'm always pressured to one with them. i also used to run x-country and distance events for track and field in high school. i set the district record during high school that lasted 5 years, my time was 4 minutes and 1 second.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MP_handler 4 minutes and 1 second? That's awesome. My fastest mile was 4 minutes 30 seconds. That is a seriously competitive record time.

I'm very impressed.

I did the 1500 meters in 4 minutes something when I was 15, I know it is not quite a mile, but it still weren't bad for an asthmatic.

Couldn't do it now though, that's for sure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me neither. I hated running then, and I hate it now. But it's sooo good for you. Now I dance.

:)

• 5 months later...

just bought their new cd today and have been listining to it all day non stop. 12 tracks of sweet melodys for my ears  punk.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*sigh* i wish i could say the same :D , all my friends are into SOAD but..i'm not :D