Editorial Team

• Administrator

Welcome! If you're reading this post you may very well be interested in being a part of the News or Reviewers team. This post will contain a general overview of what is being looked for. Age is no issue, but maturity needs to be expressed in the writing. Ideal candidates will write original articles for the frontpage. :D

If you have any experience, tell us about it! If you have a sample of previous work, that's an asset as well. Proper English, spelling and grammar skills are a must. Spellchecking documents is fine (even recommended if you feel unsure)!

Software will be a key focus of the frontpage news. Hardware is also welcome. I'm very flexible with this though. ;)

Places such as BetaNews are excellent for software news and more.

For the News:
  • Reference the website where the news is coming from.
  • If you are posting something like software that can be downloaded, please refer to the template for the proper order.
  • Beta software should have a red bolded warning at the bottom near the download link that Lunarsoft.net is not responsible for any damages to a user's computer.
  • Optional: You can write your own story/spin on the story. At the end of your news topic you may also note your personal opinion, though keep it PG rated. ;)

For the Reviews:
  • In depth reviews. A couple paragraphs work great, though try not to exceed four pages.
  • Clear, crisp and small screenshots. Remember, dialup users will read these too.
  • General understanding of software/hardware.
  • Details about what stands out about what you review. If you like something, tell us why you like it and why you feel the user would also like it.
  • Being neutral when you start reviewing a product.

Do you have ideas/suggestions for a certain team that should be there? Let me know, I'll update the post. ;)

You can apply here or via a PM to me.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this!

Tarun

• Administrator

I'd like to help out here, too. It would have to be on the news side of it, I think. I'm not in a position to be testing a lot of software, even though I am testing the Firefox Beta.

How much copy would you be hoping to get?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would love to help you out too.

im currently BETA testing a few programs and i have the lingo to keep up with Tarun and other mods...... :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right now, frontpage news is needed most. If you want to review software too that's fine.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I still need a lot more people for News and Reviews both. Please contact me if you're interested.

What should we do for these?

but i'm much intrested in Technicians & Contributars ,Moderators too....

Have i got the Promotion?

I cant understand u'r words....

Promotions are not likely given on post count alone. I would recommend being patient, offering input that is more in line with a tech forum

(quality over quantity) - rather than a chat room and see what happens.

You are young, you have time, and be careful what you wish for - it can be a thankless job.

I cant understand u'r words....

Promotions are not likely given on post count alone. I would recommend being patient, offering input that is more in line with a tech forum

(quality over quantity) - rather than a chat room and see what happens.

You are young, you have time, and be careful what you wish for - it can be a thankless job.

Ok we can do that!