Thinking of getting this affordable Router

RTZ

I may purchase this router, http://www.zonealarm.com/store/content/cat...less_router.jsp if you clic on the FEATURE COMPARISON it shows some routers including my present one on the chart, Linksys WRT54GX 4 SRX400 Wireless G Speed Range eXpansion

but its not the best and not really a great firewall and its getting old, and the features are good with this one,ZoneAlarm® Secure Wireless Router Z100G at the price. 149.95

well i do not know how you use tomato firmware i went to the site and all i see are gui screens of the tomato firmware at present i have that linkys router but it does not serve as a true firewall and i have it installed but i do not even use their software that comes with it cause im not into all these gui toys you tech guys love. i want to set it up and forget about it. thanks for replies apparently the router i do have is the one of choice so i may as well keep it but the tomato firmware im confused by it.

Does Tomato's firmware work with all Linksys routers?

I'm just about to return a Belkin router to the shop where it came from, I have another 2 belkin routers kicking about that I can use, but I will change to something else at some point.

I would possibly go for one of these two.

One

Two

• Administrator

I recently read that Belkin was paying people for good reviews.

As for Tomato...

»» Routers that are known to work with Tomato:

• Linksys WRT54G v1-v4, WRT54GS v1-v4, WRT54GL v1.x, WRTSL54GS (no USB support)
  • Buffalo WHR-G54S, WHR-HP-G54, WZR-G54, WBR2-G54, WBR-G54, WZR-HP-G54, WZR-RS-G54, WZR-RS-G54HP, WVR-G54-NF, WHR2-A54-G54, WHR3-AG54
  • Asus WL500G Premium (no USB support), WL500GE, WL520GU (no USB support)
  • Sparklan WX6615GT, Fuji RT390W, Microsoft MN-700

I think Belkin would need to pay people for good reviews.

Having 24/7 support over the phone is why I started using their products and the fact that they have a lifetime guarantee.

But the latest router that I bought of theirs performs worse than the earlier two.

Belkin sucks.

What kind of idiot would buy their network equipment from a company that sells iPod socks?

My dad has a Belkin wireless router + ADSL modem and it sucks. It crashes all the time, and needs to be restarted. We never got it to work.

I told the guy to go buy a Linksys, but hes stupidly cheap, so he went and bought another Belkin wireless router (this time, just router, without ADSL modem), I am supposed to go over to his house, and help him with that. Hopefully this time it will work.

Belkin hired people to write fake reviews on Amazon.com that praised their stuff.

That is lies and deception. If their products were good, they wouldn't need to hire people to lie about it. That is fraud and scam.

This is the same company whos routers would hijack HTTP connections and inject ads into them.

The very same thing malware does!

http://vendors.bluwiki.com/#Belkin

There are good network companies like 3Com, Cisco, Intel, Bay Networks, Linksys, Netgear, etc. Even D-Link usually works.

But noway that I would ever buy anything from Belkin.

I would like to see Mike Bayard get jail for this.