Outpost Firewall Free 2009

• Administrator

Outpost Firewall Free gives you solid firewall protection with standard packet and application filtering to safeguard your data against unauthorized third parties. Plus, you get advanced protection against illegal program activity that will help stymie unknown threats. All this coupled with minimum impact on your system resources makes Outpost Firewall Free a must-have instrument for an unprotected PC.

Features:

• Firewall (network protection)
  • Proactive host protection
  • Self protection

The free edition of Outpost Firewall gives you:

• Bidirectional firewall
  • Protection that can’t be shut down by hackers
  • Application behavior monitoring
  • Intuitive, resource-friendly operation
  • Activity monitoring capabilities
  • Windows Vista and 64-bit compatibility

System Requirements:

Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista

Pentium 200 or faster

10 Mb HardDisk

32Mb RAM

Product Info: Agnitum Outpost Free

Download CNET: Outpost Free

Screenshots:

I don't know what "Protection that can’t be shut down by hackers" is, but it sounds pretty idiotic, I guess its some dumb marketing drone who put it there.
I suppose they mean it has self-protection, explained for dimwits. A lot of marketing mumbo-jumbo on that site.

I don't know what "Protection that can’t be shut down by hackers" is, but it sounds pretty idiotic, I guess its some dumb marketing drone who put it there.
I suppose they mean it has self-protection, explained for dimwits. A lot of marketing mumbo-jumbo on that site.

Yeah, I guess that might be it. Still, I find it silly for them to claim that it cant be shutdown. I am sure there are ways to circumvent protections and shutdown things anyways.