Can someone recommend some good speakers for my PC? I believe they need to be USB because my old speakers that you plug into the back of the PC don't work. Only the ear phones reproduce sound when connected to the audio output. Thanks in advance.

Can someone recommend some good speakers for my PC? I believe they need to be USB because my old speakers that you plug into the back of the PC don't work. Only the ear phones reproduce sound when connected to the audio output. Thanks in advance.

Did you test those same speakers with a MP3 player or walkman or so? If headphones work, the speakers should work too, so I think it's your speakers and not the soundcard or onboard sound connections. Test that first.

Now, about the new set of speakers; what setup do you want (eg. 2.1, 5.1 or stereo) and how much do you like to spend on those including shipping?

Did you test those same speakers with a MP3 player or walkman or so? If headphones work, the speakers should work too, so I think it's your speakers and not the soundcard or onboard sound connections. Test that first.

Now, about the new set of speakers; what setup do you want (eg. 2.1, 5.1 or stereo) and how much do you like to spend on those including shipping?

The speakers are fine. They worked on my old pc. I believe I need some AC powered speakers or USB connection. Not sure what 2.1, 5.1 means? Stereo I would assume would be high quality sound reproduction.

2.1 means stereo + subwoofer. two channels and a subwoofer. (3 speakers total)

5.1 means 5 speakers (left front, center, right front, left behind, right behind) and a subwoofer. (surround, 6 speakers total)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5.1_surround_sound

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.1_surround_sound

The speakers are fine. They worked on my old pc. I believe I need some AC powered speakers or USB connection. Not sure what 2.1, 5.1 means? Stereo I would assume would be high quality sound reproduction.

I see, I believe you have speakers that got 5 or 12 volt from the PC before, some "brandname" PC used those and the were mostly attached to the screen itself. Or, the old computer had a build in amplifier.

A good set of stereospeakers would be between 50 and 100USD. Speakers are personal, so I would listen to a good set a local shop if possible. Note that they need to have a build-in amplifier as your new computer will only put out a few mili-watts. If you are not sure what to pick you can always ask us again :).

I see, I believe you have speakers that got 5 or 12 volt from the PC before, some "brandname" PC used those and the were mostly attached to the screen itself. Or, the old computer had a build in amplifier.

A good set of stereospeakers would be between 50 and 100USD. Speakers are personal, so I would listen to a good set a local shop if possible. Note that they need to have a build-in amplifier as your new computer will only put out a few mili-watts. If you are not sure what to pick you can always ask us again :).

Thanks again. Have a good day!