November 2011

Sorry, I meant to use the smaller image in post #2 - fixed :)

I'm used to typing the code by hand so all I know is using the img code as mentioned seems to work - minus the 'url=' you show in post #1.

Simply add the opening and closing img code, place your link in between, minus the 'url=' and you should be good to go. I guess doing things this way an image will only be reduced if it's too large to fit the forum width (or height).

When added as an attachment I guess images get 'thumbnailed', when clicked they expand to size, but attachments count towards your upload allowance.

Interesting.

The first post embeds an image URL with IMG tags (instead of text) inside a link, with its URL tags, whereas the second just puts a URL directly inside IMG tags.

At what point does the board then auto-thumbnail the image, because the desktop is thumbnailed, but is not an attachment?

When I look at the post with the classic editor, the first one has two %7Boption%7D tags ahead of the URL.

This is behavior I mentioned in another thread - the editor doubles up tags when it wants to, in your case the opening tag only. After typing some text with formatting, if I toggle between editors, no telling what will be added in the way of tags.

I'm not sure if this is an editor & specific browser issue, I use Firefox, or if it's an IPB editor only issue but the bug continues to linger, and is random.

... the editor is still buggy ...

I think we're all agreed on that, mIkE! :yes:

Just now, it failed to refresh the page when I clicked the Save Changes button, which has happened several times before. Makes it look like the post failed, when it hasn't. The page seems to be stuck in Edit mode, but actually isn't -- you just can't see the new post without manually reloading the page.

I was under the impression one of the last few IPB updates fixed the editor - guess not. I always toggle the mode anyway, not sure if it's basic or standard I use but I avoid RTF.

I had been toggling the editor for previous posts, but I thought the bugs were supposed to be fixed in the new editor so I gave it a try. Obviously it's still buggy.