Change a web link

I see it done, and dont know how. How do you post a link without it looking like a link.

For example. If i was to say xxxx website can be found HERE, how do I make HERE become the link? I would like to be able to do this on web forums.

Thank you. :shocking:

ok lets try it.

a page is here

Yeah BABY! oh yeah!

Thanks a lot CaPMan!

Thats the goods! :shocking:

For Firefox, there's an extension to do that, called Make Link:

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=142

It works where that function isn't built-in. It makes hyperlinks in plain text, forum code or html.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i tried to get it, but it says it doesnt work with firefox 1.5.

thanks for the info though, i would love to have that.

Firefox is already on 1.7, if I'm not mistaken... can't you update it?  See if there's a little red 'tree' in the upper right hand corner of the Firefox Window, right underneath the " _ [ ] X" buttons.

The current version of Firefox is 1.5, the previous one was 1.0.7. It's easy to get confused, they jumped ahead in the numbering system.

I didn't realise the new version of Make Link is still not on Mozilla Update. You can get it from the Author's page.

1.5.0.1 is already in the nightly builds.

On MajorGeeks, they list 1.5.0.1 RC1. It looks like they jumped the gun a little, though. I went to the Nightly Builds page, what they had was an RC1 candidate. So it's not a release candidate, it's a release candidate candidate... more confusion from the murky minds at Mozilla.

Anyway, the final release of 1.5.0.1 is supposed to be in about 3 weeks, but don't be surprised if that gets pushed back.