Truth about Macs

Younger kids tend to hate Macs because we've only been exposed to the horrible, 133 mhz relics that Apple gives away (or sells, very cheaply) to schools.

I personally have used a 4 ghz dual-core Apple with a 30 INCH screen... so awesome...

Only thing bad about it was that it only had 1 gig of RAM...

Younger kids tend to hate Macs because we've only been exposed to the horrible, 133 mhz relics that Apple gives away (or sells, very cheaply) to schools.

I personally have used a 4 ghz dual-core Apple with a 30 INCH screen... so awesome...

Only thing bad about it was that it only had 1 gig of RAM...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow! What was the res on that monster?!

And I thought my 20" was huge!

so a big screen!!! what are you suppose to do with it...?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, a high resolution means you can fit more items on the screen at one time, because you have more pixels to work with. With a 1024x768 resolution screen, you could fit a web page on the screen. But with a 1600x1200 screen, you could fit a webpage, a calculator, and your media player, for example. Having more things on your screen at once means you can work on and monitor more things simultaneously, which ultimately makes you more productive.

But, if you have a small screen with a high resolution, the pixels will be so small that you will have a hard time making out the things on your screen. And what good is having lots of things on your screen if you can't tell what they are?

So, that is what is so great about a very large, high resolution screen. Not only does it have more pixels to work with, they are also big pixels, so you have a clear view of the things you are working on. Not to mention, with a larger screen, you and several other people can sit several feet away from it and still have a clear view of things like movies or video games.

Uber big LCDs FTW!!!

2560x1600

Widescreen. 

http://www.apple.com/displays/specs.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow! I wish I had one like that! I have to be satisfied with my little 1440x900 display on my MacBook Pro. I like the convenience of a portable but sure love the beauty of a nice, big, LCD monitor! If I had one I could connect it to my MacBook at home anyway. Hey Santa, are you listening?

Glade : )

Another one of my PC friends bought a 20" iMac, he's planning to partition it for dual booting to Windows XP. He is really excited about the ease of use with his Mac and plans to use Parallels for his everyday Windows tasks (so he won't have to reboot) and the Windows partition for Guild Wars. Guild Wars runs flawlessly with the graphics power of the intel iMac! As do any of the newest PC games out there, including:

Age of Empires III (1440x900)

America's Army 2.6 (1440x900) (1680x1050)

Battlefield 2 (small artifacting)

Battlefield 2: Euro Force (small artifacting)

Birth of America (1440x900)

Call of Duty 2 (1440x900) (1680x1050)

City of Heroes

City of Villains

Civilization IV (1440x900)

Combat Flight Simulator 3

Counter-Strike: Source (1440x900)

Day of Defeat: Source (1440x900)

Doom 3 (Enter this into the console: r_mode -1 r_customwidth 1680 r_customheight 1050 vid_restart. This will enable 1680x1050 resolution. Replace with 1440 and 900 to enable 1440x900 resolution)

Everquest (1440x900)

Everquest 2 (1440x900)

F.E.A.R. (1440x900)

Far Cry (1440x900)

Final Fantasy XI

Flight Simulator 2000

Flight Sim 2004 - Century of Flight

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (1440x900)

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Half-Life 2 (1440x900)

Hitman: Blood Money

Max Payne

Max Payne 2

Morrowind (Elder Scrolls 3)

Motocross Madness 2

Oblivion (Elder Scrolls IV) (1440x900)

Operation Flashpoint

Prey Demo

Quake 3

Quake 4 (1440x900 and 1680x1050)

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Star Wars Battlefront II

Star Wars Empire at War (1440x900)

The Movies

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006

Tomb Raider Legend Demo

Ultima Online

UT2004

World of Warcraft (1440x900)

Glade : )

(Changing the world, one user at a time!)