Counter Strike : Source

slow? or just you thought the game was feeling its age? if you thing either, i suggest source. ive never played 1.6, but my friend started with it, then moved over to source and hes says the improvement is huge.

)corjello(

It's almost the same as 1.6, (try the scout, you move faster with it than you do with the knife), but perhaps all the pretty eyecandy in source is disorienting... simple 1.6, flat walls... big red blocks for headshots... yay :P

yea source is new. updated graphics and uses the half life 2 physics engine i believe

but zaphire, its also a lot more realistic. like now you can shoot through aluminum walls and wooden boxes. the enviroment is more "real".

)corjello(

Counter Strike : Source is new...?

i still playing v1.6...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Comparison of 1.6

csmapdust27cb.th.jpg

Vs. Source

749pxcounterstrikesource28nj.th.png

but zaphire, its also a lot more realistic. like now you can shoot through aluminum walls and wooden boxes. the enviroment is more "real".

)corjello(

I agree it's more real, and I do play CS:S ... for fun. In my opinion, CS:S is a more relaxed-style game for those looking for impressive graphics and ragdoll physics. However, CS 1.6 is streamlined, will run on almost any computer, and is a much more skillful game. Plus, it's a classic. Who doesn't like classics? :P

• 4 weeks later...

i got a question about CS 1.6

is it free to play these days? because i've seen links on softpedia and other places that have a Steam + CS 1.6 download. but when i downloaded it, i didn't find anyway to play CS. although i know that the game files were on my computer.

• 3 weeks later...