Steve Irwin Killed

• Administrator

Steve "The Crocodile Hunter" Irwin is dead after being attacked by a stingray on the Great Barrier Reef during the filming of a new TV series.

The 44-year-old's heart is believed to have been pierced by the stingray's barb.

He was filming an underwater documentary at Batt Reef near the Low Isles about 32 nautical miles off Port Douglas when the accident occurred.

advertisement

According to a Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman, a Cairns ambulance chopper made an emergency flight to an island in the area just after 11am today.

An intensive care doctor and a paramedic attempted to treat the popular crocodile wrangler – who had a puncture wound in the left side of his chest - without success.

He was pronounced dead on the island, and his body is now being flown to Cairns.

Source: NineMSN

On Google

........neither will tv, he was one of the only things I really watched on tv.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

G'day folks,

just as an FYI, he wasn't overly well liked by a large proportion of the population here as his portrayal of an Aussie is WAY off base.

His loud mouthed, stupid anecdotal gibberish, using his baby as a media stunt with the croc and his inane "By Crikey!" put most of us off him as it's portraying Aussies as a bunch of loud mouthed hooligans. :D

The one person that came close to portraying a typical Aussie (and I don't mean us city dwellers, but specifically the outback battlers) was Paul Hogan's portrayal of Mick Dundee. His laid back, larrikin attitude is typical of most of the folk working outback and seems to stem from the harsh and isolated conditions that a lot of these folk endure on a daily basis and which they tackle with that same devil-may-care attitude.

As you may well guess I wasn't a fan of Irwin's, but I do agree with Trish's sentiments and feel sad for his kids.

Cheers :D

Senuty, I never thought that most of ya'll were like that. I knew that he was just that way. Hell, there's always one in every crowd LOL

I do feel bad for the family and friends, and I will miss seeing him on Tv but I really think it was his time.

Who was the guy also recently that went around the world catching and taking home poisonious snakes? He fell outta a tree just recently and died also.

Anyway, just thought I'd let ya know that Senuty, we still love ya :D

Its tradgic yes.. He was a great guy ;(

G'day folks,

just as an FYI, he wasn't overly well liked by a large proportion of the population here as his portrayal of an Aussie is WAY off base.

His loud mouthed, stupid anecdotal gibberish, using his baby as a media stunt with the croc and his inane "By Crikey!" put most of us off him as it's portraying Aussies as a bunch of loud mouthed hooligans. mad.gif

The one person that came close to portraying a typical Aussie (and I don't mean us city dwellers, but specifically the outback battlers) was Paul Hogan's portrayal of Mick Dundee. His laid back, larrikin attitude is typical of most of the folk working outback and seems to stem from the harsh and isolated conditions that a lot of these folk endure on a daily basis and which they tackle with that same devil-may-care attitude.

As you may well guess I wasn't a fan of Irwin's, but I do agree with Trish's sentiments and feel sad for his kids.

Cheer

Who says he wasnt overly well liked?

If anything he is MORE liked, and disliked.

I think he was a good ambassador for Australia. And for, whoever bases 'australians' by the way one Australia person acts, has to be one of the stupidest human beings. Its not as though the majority of people base their thoughts on the US because of what the President Bush acts like, or how he takes actions..

Anyway, I dont want to turn this into an arguement. I just thought I'd say something in there..

It is very tradgic though =(

Hmmm, how about we agree to disagree?

That way whilst we're disagreeing, it's an agreement to agree to not have the same agreement but instead to disagree with the agreement, which is laid out in the agreeing disagreement for an agreement of disagreement.

Which means if you've disagreed, we've agreed to the agreement of the disagreement which is persuant to the agreement of disagreement as intially stated and therefore we've agreed........

:Dmy head hurts.......

Cheers :D