My personal introduction

:wave: I have my own Computer Repair Service. I run this service from my home, which started as growing interest in fixing my own systems, when I found the OEM’s were not able to.

This by NO MEANS, indicates that I do not appreciate their continued help or efforts to make the repairs. I have found that almost every OEM Technician has good knowledge of their product. However they are not trained in the software that backs the hardware in the systems. Such as ACPI, Controllers and in the most surprising case is that they are given very little information on the BIOS updates that are offered to the system you own. After conferring with several OEM managers they all agree that for some reason the software engineers don’t share much in the way of updating their technicians of impending updates to firmware and the reason why.

So on more than one occasion (slower learner myself, I suppose) I have updated a BIOS from the site only to find that either I must remove the CMOS and start over or I am in for a bigger surprise of having to purchase a new motherboard.

Most OEM Techs are so uninformed that they are completely unaware that it may not be the best use of a 250 GB 7200 RPM SATA III 2.5 Laptop HDD, (which of course you pay extra for), are not configured correctly in Vista.

That have Controllers setting them up as ATA channel 0 DMA 5 for the SATA HDD and ATA channel 0 DMA 2 for the DVD R/W. Using KB 922976 does fix this issue. I have even found several new updates, which refer you to the OEM for the fix. However this can be a round robin effect because if they are not informed and the update fix is not listed than customers are back where they started.

So many more reason for my job but I suppose it is my envy of really good MVP’s and their impressive knowledge. As the many books that surround my walls, I read from Software and Hardware basically for Windows (Sorry just can’t get into Linux yet) I can never keep up.

I don’t serve customers who have the knowledge and money to take care of their systems. My customers are mostly the elderly with very little knowledge. They are also the most susceptible to be ripped off and have a new drive installed or a format done without a personal backup of their very important, medical information, phone numbers, pictures and so on. This can be so hard on them. Most of them are either shut-ins and their only way into the world for purchases and news is the Internet. Then there are the young parents trying to make ends meet and can not afford a new system or loose their personal tax information and again personal information, but so many of them don’t even know how to clean up the temp IE files and History. They just get by on some virus protections, firewalls, and anti-virus. When they try to overcome not having this I know all of you hear the horror stories of programs that run on these systems and inform them of all the spyware or virus that they have and the only way to get rid of it is to download and pay for the product that put it there.

So because of my thirst for knowledge and lucky enough to have a wonderful husband I am able to help these people out with out charging them unless they in fact there are parts to be replace. That is something they cover. I work on Servers as little as I have to and only for small companies of friends and family.

In this way I don’t feel I am a complete novices but I can certainly tell you there is never a day when I find I am in the dark finding issues I have been unable to repair on my own. As I have told many of my techs. There is just no way we can know everything all the time.

So in my quest to find a site that I have high hopes of finding knowledgeable IT’s who are willing to help me with an issue, point me to a web site for more insight into an issue, or even a book that would lead the way I look to you and your site.

Hello.

I find it sometimes unclear what you are trying to say, because I think that you formulate yourself a bit strange sometimes.

I have flashed the BIOS of motherboards many times. One time it went wrong because there were two revisions of the same motherboard both with the same model number.

How many motherboards have you bricked?

It is very important that you verify that the BIOS you download is for your exact motherboard model.

As you said, when you send in a computer for repair, you cant expect to get your data preserved. Often they just wipe the disk. I've read stories too about privacy invasion and they peeking at users data, and such.

As for Linux, I am running Ubuntu 8.04 full-time as my primary operating system. You can get a CD and try it out straight from the CD without installing it, or install it from inside Windows into a file that gets mounted as if it were a disk partition, without bothering with creating new partitions and such.

The software you mention is "rouge anti-spyware", they are fake anti-spyware software that informs you that you have spyware and virus, and offers to remove them for you if you pay.

Usually when I fix peoples computers, I recommend them Mozilla Firefox, it keeps them safer, and makes it a longer time until they need to call me again.

When you said that you own a "Computer Repair Service", I thought you were running a business. But I read that you "help (these) people out with out charging", thats not good for business. :wave:

I don't know why you would want to help strangers for free? Doesn't sound like fun.

If you want me to point you to a website for more insight into an issue, I would recommend Wikipedia, it got lots of good information.

Hello.

I find it sometimes unclear what you are trying to say, because I think that you formulate yourself a bit strange sometimes.

I have flashed the BIOS of motherboards many times. One time it went wrong because there were two revisions of the same motherboard both with the same model number.

How many motherboards have you bricked?

It is very important that you verify that the BIOS you download is for your exact motherboard model.

As you said, when you send in a computer for repair, you cant expect to get your data preserved. Often they just wipe the disk. I've read stories too about privacy invasion and they peeking at users data, and such.

As for Linux, I am running Ubuntu 8.04 full-time as my primary operating system. You can get a CD and try it out straight from the CD without installing it, or install it from inside Windows into a file that gets mounted as if it were a disk partition, without bothering with creating new partitions and such.

The software you mention is "rouge anti-spyware", they are fake anti-spyware software that informs you that you have spyware and virus, and offers to remove them for you if you pay.

Usually when I fix peoples computers, I recommend them Mozilla Firefox, it keeps them safer, and makes it a longer time until they need to call me again.

When you said that you own a "Computer Repair Service", I thought you were running a business. But I read that you "help (these) people out with out charging", thats not good for business. :wave:

I don't know why you would want to help strangers for free? Doesn't sound like fun.

If you want me to point you to a website for more insight into an issue, I would recommend Wikipedia, it got lots of good information.

When I say I Run a Business Clearly that is what I would intend on saying. Just because there are some people I personally feel deserve a beak in life does not come close being persieved as not good for Business. So I would now like to know is does this place you speaking personally in terms.

I feel that Tech board such as this should and can maintain a high degree of Business Eithics. Placing comments such as yours clearly make it questionable as to your degree of knoweledge of software, hardware, and what it would take to be kind and still run a healthy business with an income.

I perceive a slight bit of negativity in your post. I hope that I did not offend you, and apologize if I did so.

Once again, I have a little bit difficulty interpreting what you saying, namely the part "So I would now like to know is does this place you speaking personally in terms.".

Indeed, some people do deserve a break - but so do you.

I don't understand what you mean that the board should maintain a high degree of business ethics, this forum is not about business, its about computing.

As per my knowledge of software and hardware, I still have things to learn, but its pretty good. I've been using computers for over a decade. I've built own computers, done programming, tweaked and overclocked the computer, and used different hardware, software and operating systems.

I actually am a very kind person, with a good sense of moral and ethics.

Us geeks, know how it is to be known as a tech savvy person, you get lots of friends and neighbor and friends of friends, and so on that you need to help. I've helped lots of friends and people in my surroundings for free, I'm a nice guy and don't got the nerve to ask for money. Sometimes us geeks are too nice for our own good, and we get people who only call you when they got problems with their computers.

The goal of a business is to make money. If you help people for free, then you're not doing business. I don't like to work for free.

I agree with Eldmannen,

This forum is mainly about computing and having fun, not whats good for "business" or ethics.. Nor do i understand how you could run a "business" without charging for your services.. But I completely agree with your point of view.

I'm not trying to bash anyone that offers any sort of computer repair, whether it be free of charge or pay. But here at Lunarsoft, we primarily focus on computing, whats new in tech, helping anyone that comes to this site, and just have a good time overall. Along with enhancing our knowledge of computers at the same time. I've been fixing and using computers for the past 16 years, and i still learn new things daily.

With that said..

I, like Eldmannen, am also a very nice guy.. I've repaired at least 30 Friends, and "Friends-of-friends" computers. Along with each of my families computers at least 5 times over. I've even helped people i've never met in Real-Life by using VNC software to fix the computers over the internet. All of this being free of charge.

I also don't understand why this has been reported twice.. Maybe Tarun or another Moderator would understand, but to me nothing has been said to purposely insult someone or cause a problem.

Welcome to Lunarsoft, Frances.

erm.png I would like to address each of you, and thank you for your welcome response.

Eldmannen; you were correct in your perceptions of my negativity.

It is so very hard to find a quality Web site to help all of us in personnel or business computers systems.

I fit into the middle ground group. I refuse to work for a retail outlet and push things I know are not correct. (I would most likely be fired first.) I have an extensive knowledge base for most personal computer systems and some knowledge of Servers.

I perceived the “Introduction” as just a way to give a brief insight to my personal background and interest. That was all.

The comments such as “because I think that you formulate yourself a bit strange sometimes, or When you said that you own a "Computer Repair Service", I thought you were running a business. But I read that you "help (these) people out with out charging", thats not good for business. Then to say, “I don't know why you would want to help strangers for free? Doesn't sound like fun.” Of course the for me the icing on the cake was to send me to Wikipedia.

These were the comments I did take offence to.

I work 10 hours or a day and or more depending on situation, and yes I do earn a living but owning my own business gives me the freedom to work when I want and what projects I will take on. I also said that unlike a lot of people I have a kind husband who enables me to drop profits once in a while. So I take advantage of this for much needed time off, and to play with my other projects which by the way have nothing todo with computers and more to do with repairing parts of homes such as replaceing plumbing for kitchens, & bathroooms or regrouting the floorings.

I have such a passion for software and computers that I take pleasure in working on personal projects for people without charging because I recieve an insight to their world and teaching them how to be safe. I make it clear from the beginning that they will pay for any parts and if I find that it is not worth fixing then I will help them find a system of their choosing that meets their needs without over selling them. I also make it clear that because it is on my own time they will receive service at a much slower pace than if that were to take it to a normal repair shop.

However I will also say that you are more than likely correct in your judgment of my writing or spelling practices.

This is partly due to the fact that I am a very reserved person (I cann't spell, so Thank GOD for Office Products) However they don't help much in the way of grammer. I spend more time with computers, my grandchildren (10) so far). Of course they don’t improve my speaking skills these days and most of the time I don’t understand them. I have also worked with the disabled and elderly for over 15 Years. Some of them can barely speak or remember me the next day, and yet there are some that I can sit with and listen to for hours. They have a history that most of us take for granted today in our techie world.

So does this help any of you understand me a little better?

To Synapse,

I understand now that the site is about Computing and having fun. I agree there needs to be sites like this to enable better access to quality answers to every day needs which does not cater to business issue on a large or medium level. I hope you won’t mind if I need your help with software issues that do go beyond the basic OS. Sometimes it can be the smallest things that will take me forever to research. Then there are the platforms that and certain scripting sections that will stop me in my tracks. Or as one of my request for help that I posted yesterday deals with a device conflict.

As I said in that post none of the OEM techs understand it so they have just changed out damaged hardware left and right on system that I see this issue on. Micorsoft is so busy with the business of working with Vista, and all there new software that they have tried but I can not find anyone there who understands the issue.

If I could find the devices that are accessing the mini address of 0x000010c0 - max address 0x00010df under the SMBus I would be able to get to the next step of providing a clear reason for them to work this I/O Conflict out. I have been contacted by the Corparate Managers when I brought this to their attention but they wanted me to print out all of my research. I feel that I now have a chance to help resolve this issue. It would also help define the need to clearify the damage that could be done.

This issue is not seen under any system reporting. Not even under MSINFO32. Only the Device Manager and a special Registry Product which produces the the comparision of the two HIVEs.

Again thank all of you for your response and I sincerely hope I have helped to bridge any errors in my ways.

Thanks for addressing what you found offensive, and telling us a bit more about yourself. And i agree completely, I'll refuse to work in retail if it means i have to install a program i don't agree with, or tell the user to buy new parts that they don't need... A typical example of this would be BestBuys' "GeekSquad".

I'm sure Eldmannen meant no Offense in stating his Opinion. I agree with his Opinion as well, I wouldn't go as far as putting up a sign outside my house with "Free Computer Repair" or anything, but businesses don't take off unless you charge for your time.

I'll use myself as an example, If i started up a local "Business" for Computer repair, and was free.. out of 10 people i'd probably get paid 3 of the times as a "thank you", and probably around 80 bucks if the person was generous.. On average i'll assume the problem takes around 5 hours to fix.. if the person paid 80 bucks as a "thank you" that was roughly 16 bucks an hour.. not bad. but if it takes an average of 50 hours to fix 10 machines, and only 3 people paid 80 bucks.. thats only about $4.80 an hour.. And basing that off of a gamble of maybe the person would pay.

Now you have a Husband, so you don't need to worry about this being the primary income. So i stated the above as if you accepted donations and if it was the primary source of income.. Which i know California (lived there for 19 years), is not gonna last long.

Eldmannen also linked you to Wikipedia, I'm not sure why you took Offense to that, as Wikipedia is an excellent source for information about pretty much everything.

To Synapse,

I understand now that the site is about Computing and having fun. I agree there needs to be sites like this to enable better access to quality answers to every day needs which does not cater to business issue on a large or medium level. I hope you won’t mind if I need your help with software issues that do go beyond the basic OS. Sometimes it can be the smallest things that will take me forever to research. Then there are the platforms that and certain scripting sections that will stop me in my tracks. Or as one of my request for help that I posted yesterday deals with a device conflict.

As I said in that post none of the OEM techs understand it so they have just changed out damaged hardware left and right on system that I see this issue on. Micorsoft is so busy with the business of working with Vista, and all there new software that they have tried but I can not find anyone there who understands the issue.

If I could find the devices that are accessing the mini address of 0x000010c0 - max address 0x00010df under the SMBus I would be able to get to the next step of providing a clear reason for them to work this I/O Conflict out. I have been contacted by the Corparate Managers when I brought this to their attention but they wanted me to print out all of my research. I feel that I now have a chance to help resolve this issue. It would also help define the need to clearify the damage that could be done.

This issue is not seen under any system reporting. Not even under MSINFO32. Only the Device Manager and a special Registry Product which produces the the comparision of the two HIVEs.

Again thank all of you for your response and I sincerely hope I have helped to bridge any errors in my ways.

I completely agree with you, and am always willing to help when i have the free time.

The problem with calling up OEM's and Microsoft for issues like that is, that they hire people to read pre written responses for common issues. I recently contacted Acer for the COM1 Header Plug pinout diagram for my Mainboard, Even though Acer Made the Mainboard, i couldn't get an answer from anyone, nor could they connect me with anyone that would have the information.

I don’t serve customers who have the knowledge and money to take care of their systems. My customers are mostly the elderly with very little knowledge. They are also the most susceptible to be ripped off and have a new drive installed or a format done without a personal backup of their very important, medical information, phone numbers, pictures and so on. This can be so hard on them. Most of them are either shut-ins and their only way into the world for purchases and news is the Internet. Then there are the young parents trying to make ends meet and can not afford a new system or loose their personal tax information and again personal information, but so many of them don’t even know how to clean up the temp IE files and History. They just get by on some virus protections, firewalls, and anti-virus. When they try to overcome not having this I know all of you hear the horror stories of programs that run on these systems and inform them of all the spyware or virus that they have and the only way to get rid of it is to download and pay for the product that put it there.

So because of my thirst for knowledge and lucky enough to have a wonderful husband I am able to help these people out with out charging them unless they in fact there are parts to be replace. That is something they cover. I work on Servers as little as I have to and only for small companies of friends and family.

@Synapse and Eldmannen

Read the above Bold, Italicised, Underlined text VERY carefully. Then re-read it.

These are the people that Frances lends a FREE hand to. (My kudos to you Frances, there aren't many people in business that do this). This is where Eldmannens grasp of English ONCE AGAIN makes him spout his diatribe about what he would do.

Guess what you two, it's HER business not YOURS. You can make opinions but don't make them sound like that what she's doing is incorrect, you don't know the background behind it as you OBVIOUSLY didn't either read her opening post or understood it and by the sounds of it, neither of you has ever run a business. (Yes I have in case you're wondering.)

Yes, I reported Eldmannen for what I feel is his continual put-down of people don't seem to fit his little niche of the world.

Shame on you Synapse for airing the dirty laundry about the reports. You're supposed to be a moderator, and moderators normally find out ALL the information from other mods or admins before commenting and if there is an issue you take it to the posters directly via PMs or if things are extremely bad via email to the people involved, again it should not be aired on the forum without consultation.

This forum from its inception is about HELPING people with their PC problems, not about putting them down or belittling what they do.

So pull your heads in, and in future CAREFULLY read what's been posted before shooting off at the mouth.

Senuty, Both Eldmannen and I both read her posts. We are both entitled to our opinions, and we're not trying to force them on anyone.

We also both know she's doing this service as a voluntary thing, And i have absolutely NO problem with it either. More Power to her and her husband.

Eldmannen and I both look at this as a "business" thing as in being paid for your service, So as this argument goes, it's like comparing Apples to Oranges. We are both just expressing our opinion on the matter.

Yes, it is HER business, we never said she HAD to do any of what we were saying.. From what Elmannen says he doesn't charge for his services either, nor do I. Maybe it's us being a different generation, but this gets very tiresome and boring.. We'll still do it for free, but a "hobby" soon turns into "work"..

Shame on me for "Airing the dirty Laundry"? I mentioned it was reported twice, big deal.. I didn't understand why it was reported, and I still don't. People are entitled to their Opinion, and nothing offensive was said... Eldmannen wasn't even putting anyone down.

I come here as a normal user, I don't care about that Moderator Status, Never have and Never will.. If it got removed i wouldn't hold it against Tarun or anyone else, and I wouldn't come here any more often then i currently do, nor would i come here any less.. I come here when i feel like it, not to be some agent of the Internet Police. My posts reflect my opinion, and my opinions alone. While it's standard that Moderators discuss this stuff, i personally don't care, and will state what i wish, when i wish. Besides, The only actions i'll ever perform as Moderator are Lock, Delete, Move, and anything to Help the User.. Nor will i ever censor anyones opinions. Hell if you made a complaint against me by reporting me I wouldn't delete it or modify it in anyway, everyone in my books is entitled to their First Amendment rights and their opinions.

I'm sorry you think we're being offensive, but forums are meant to be a public place where you can have a discussion as long as you don't break the rules.. And last time i checked the Rules had nothing against stating your opinion.

I'm all for stating opinions, however, as Frances said, she did it for a reason and then Eld comes out with it being not good for business. Now if he'd taken the time to actually read the post, he would have noticed that this 'free' service was directed at a specific set of people, not everyone, and that's how she runs her business.

As for the First Amendment, means doodly squat here. Remember, this is a WORLD WIDE WEB forum and your amendments, constitutions mean nothing to folk from other countries. However your exercise of your rights is commendable, wasn't meant as a put down, just trying to point out it doesn't apply to everyone.

Shame on me for "Airing the dirty Laundry"? I mentioned it was reported twice, big deal.. I didn't understand why it was reported, and I still don't. People are entitled to their Opinion, and nothing offensive was said... Eldmannen wasn't even putting anyone down.

I come here as a normal user....

Still should not have been aired 'publically'. Without the mod status you would not have even been aware of this situation, nor anyone else, except those involved. That's why the report option is there, to keep it inhouse to start with and see if it can be solved without spreading dissention across the whole forum.

No, the intent of the replies weren't offensive, they were just not in the nature of this forum, which is to help all people without prejudice or casting dispersions on their character or beliefs.

Anyway, I think we can safely say that we agree to disagree, because continually disagreeing with the agreement would mean another agreement to agree to disagree because the agreement would then be a disagreement for an agreement..... :D

Thank you all and goodnight

Cheers :wave:

It is so very hard to find a quality Web site to help all of us in personnel or business computers systems.

I fit into the middle ground group. I refuse to work for a retail outlet and push things I know are not correct. (I would most likely be fired first.) I have an extensive knowledge base for most personal computer systems and some knowledge of Servers.

I perceived the “Introduction” as just a way to give a brief insight to my personal background and interest. That was all.

The comments such as “because I think that you formulate yourself a bit strange sometimes, or When you said that you own a "Computer Repair Service", I thought you were running a business. But I read that you "help (these) people out with out charging", thats not good for business. Then to say, “I don't know why you would want to help strangers for free? Doesn't sound like fun.” Of course the for me the icing on the cake was to send me to Wikipedia.

I work 10 hours or a day and or more depending on situation, and yes I do earn a living but owning my own business gives me the freedom to work when I want and what projects I will take on. I also said that unlike a lot of people I have a kind husband who enables me to drop profits once in a while. So I take advantage of this for much needed time off, and to play with my other projects which by the way have nothing todo with computers and more to do with repairing parts of homes such as replaceing plumbing for kitchens, & bathroooms or regrouting the floorings.

I have such a passion for software and computers that I take pleasure in working on personal projects for people without charging because I recieve an insight to their world and teaching them how to be safe. I make it clear from the beginning that they will pay for any parts and if I find that it is not worth fixing then I will help them find a system of their choosing that meets their needs without over selling them. I also make it clear that because it is on my own time they will receive service at a much slower pace than if that were to take it to a normal repair shop.

However I will also say that you are more than likely correct in your judgment of my writing or spelling practices.

This is partly due to the fact that I am a very reserved person (I cann't spell, so Thank GOD for Office Products) However they don't help much in the way of grammer. I spend more time with computers, my grandchildren (10) so far). Of course they don’t improve my speaking skills these days and most of the time I don’t understand them. I have also worked with the disabled and elderly for over 15 Years. Some of them can barely speak or remember me the next day, and yet there are some that I can sit with and listen to for hours. They have a history that most of us take for granted today in our techie world.

You seem to be pretty easily offended, I had no such intention.

"Computer Repair Service" is pretty vague, I was unsure whether you were running a business or a volunteer service.

You mentioned "So in my quest to find a site that I have high hopes of finding knowledgeable IT’s who are willing to help me with an issue, point me to a web site for more insight into an issue, or even a book that would lead the way I look to you and your site.", so I pointed you to Wikipedia, because I think its a very useful and informative website, not as an insult.

Yes, it does help me to understand you a little better.

@Synapse and Eldmannen

Read the above Bold, Italicised, Underlined text VERY carefully. Then re-read it.

These are the people that Frances lends a FREE hand to. (My kudos to you Frances, there aren't many people in business that do this). This is where Eldmannens grasp of English ONCE AGAIN makes him spout his diatribe about what he would do.

Guess what you two, it's HER business not YOURS. You can make opinions but don't make them sound like that what she's doing is incorrect, you don't know the background behind it as you OBVIOUSLY didn't either read her opening post or understood it and by the sounds of it, neither of you has ever run a business. (Yes I have in case you're wondering.)

Yes, I reported Eldmannen for what I feel is his continual put-down of people don't seem to fit his little niche of the world.

Shame on you Synapse for airing the dirty laundry about the reports. You're supposed to be a moderator, and moderators normally find out ALL the information from other mods or admins before commenting and if there is an issue you take it to the posters directly via PMs or if things are extremely bad via email to the people involved, again it should not be aired on the forum without consultation.

This forum from its inception is about HELPING people with their PC problems, not about putting them down or belittling what they do.

So pull your heads in, and in future CAREFULLY read what's been posted before shooting off at the mouth.

I never said what she did was "incorrect". Helping others is a nice thing to do.

I just wouldn't go out of my way in order to help strangers.

Though, later she mentioned that she thought it was fun to help fix others computers.

Me and her obviously think different about that. I like to use computers for my own use, but don't really like to troubleshoot others peoples faulty computers, because it gives me a headache and takes up my time. She likes to help other people with their computers, and thats fine.

• Administrator

What Frances does is similar to Lunarsoft, in a sense.

Lunarsoft is not a business, nor would I choose to use that word due to the meaning. Lunarsoft does not exist to make any profits, we're not selling anything nor are we trying to get any financial gain from the services we offer. Every bit of support offered here is free of cost, a free and/or voluntary service given by all members to this website on their own free time. I'll have to post the history of Lunarsoft which explains how much of this started.

I take great pride in the fact that this website is 100% advertisement free and technically popup free. Many of the enhancements that come to the website are from donations which are completely optional.

What Frances is doing, I would consider to be a charity or free/voluntary service too. I base that upon all things mentioned. From what I have read, she only asks people to pay for hardware that is required to replace faulty hardware in the user's computer.

Now, from what I've seen in this thread, some of the disagreements are based upon the definition of business and how the context of the word is used.

I can see where Eldmannen is coming from when he says that it is bad for business. Business has over 20 definitions on the dictionary.reference.com website, the most common one I have ever heard is the purchase and sale of goods in an attempt to make a profit..

Upon looking at the definitions of charity and service when compared to that of a business.

This all really depends on what Frances is doing. We've only scratched the surface of what she does. To me, and I hope I do not offend you Frances, I believe I too would choose to classify it as a charity or a free service.

I hope this clears the air between you two, SenutyEnool and Eldmannen.

If anyone still has questions then PM them to me and let's keep this welcome thread a nice, happy place. :wave:

You seem to be pretty easily offended, I had no such intention.

"Computer Repair Service" is pretty vague, I was unsure whether you were running a business or a volunteer service.

You mentioned "So in my quest to find a site that I have high hopes of finding knowledgeable IT’s who are willing to help me with an issue, point me to a web site for more insight into an issue, or even a book that would lead the way I look to you and your site.", so I pointed you to Wikipedia, because I think its a very useful and informative website, not as an insult.

Yes, it does help me to understand you a little better.

@Synapse and Eldmannen

I never said what she did was "incorrect". Helping others is a nice thing to do.

I just wouldn't go out of my way in order to help strangers.

Though, later she mentioned that she thought it was fun to help fix others computers.

Me and her obviously think different about that. I like to use computers for my own use, but don't really like to troubleshoot others peoples faulty computers, because it gives me a headache and takes up my time. She likes to help other people with their computers, and thats fine.

:D Eldmannen;

WOW! I guess that is the way I should start this. My first attempt at responding to a site that requests an “Introduction” has produced more comments than any of the help I have every offered for System Repairs.

I’m not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing yet. Here is what I hope is my last comment on this in the Introduction section.

First of all, Eldmannen I really think I am beginning to like you more and more. :D Yes we have misunderstood each other and we have different reason for sitting in front of a screen listening to the low humming of our system or the loud (in my case surround sound music). But we are all passionate in our own beliefs.

As with a lot of people who use the forms for information you were correct again by sending me to Wikipedia. You didn’t and still don’t know my level of certification. As I said before my grammar isn’t my best attribute which doesn’t always provide people with a since of my education (you know how that goes, sometimes you get it and sometimes the boat just passes you by erm.png ). So if I were you, I believe you made the best choose with that site. I also said that I was a rather reserved person so I would prefer not to share my level of certification; I would like to ask stupid questions and get good answers from time to time. There are times when I find I work on a projects that are very complicated I become so involved and then switch to a very simple issue on another system and go completely blank. Yes this could be a senior moment but don’t go there.

I referred to my business on this site a computer repair service. That is not the name of my business nor does it cover all that I do. My income sources come from a variety of tasks related to both software and hardware. So again I would like to maintain a relative short version of my job, I hope that this will be Ok with you.

I have no idea how old you are, so I will share with you something I don’t often share with most and that is my age. Now remember I am a women so this is big and you should feel proud of the fact that you can get a women to reveal her age after all the time we take to dye our hair and work out in the gyms trying to keep up with you. I am 54 years old I have 4 grown children and as I said 10 grandchildren. My youngest is 21, for some reason my children stay home until they finish college and or get married. This makes them about 26 on average by the time they leave my nest. My youngest son has taken it a bet further by bringing home (of course asking first) 2 more of his 21 year old friends. Now some of you would wonder why I would let that happen.

It is because like you Eldmannen, (who I am pretty sure happens to be much younger than I), they bring a special lightness that feels my home with an unclouded since of happiness with great hope for their future. I love the life they bring into my home. This is why I have changed my onion of you; I believe you must do the same thing for others.

SenutyEnool. I hope you received my email, I am not sure how to use the board yet so I think I pushed the wrong send for the email to go through. If you didn’t then at this point I will say it publicly. I sincerely appreciate your responses. I must admit that it was late and after many hours of work I read the first response.

I should never have placed a returned comment and just let it go. But I was tired and hurt. So reading your post came as a timely and very welcome support which was and is most appreciated. I Thank you! :wave:

I hope this is the end of all this attention to my post. I didn’t make a very good impression but I did learn some very good lessons that go beyond computing. For that I am grateful.

As for the First Amendment, means doodly squat here. Remember, this is a WORLD WIDE WEB forum and your amendments, constitutions mean nothing to folk from other countries. However your exercise of your rights is commendable, wasn't meant as a put down, just trying to point out it doesn't apply to everyone.

Lunarsoft is hosted in what appears to be Tennessee, US So technically they do. :wave:

but yes, i understand that people are in other countries.. You may think it means "doodly squat here". But what i was referring to was the idea of "Freedom of Speech".. I will never censor anyone, edit their posts, or anything else against someone unless it's against the Forum rules. I'm just a strict Constitutionalist :D

Sorry you felt that way about me posting that i received 2 reports, I didn't mention names, and really didn't think they had any relevance to this thread. I still don't think they did, and as i've stated before Eldmannen expressed his opinion and nothing more serious then that.

@Frances, lol, i'm about the same age as your children :D (born in 1984, so 23 years old here)

as for the rest of this thread, i think Tarun said it nicely. Glad to see we have this all pretty smoothed out.. it's rare for me to post, but i still come here from time to time to check to make sure everything is still going smoothly.

Lunarsoft is hosted in what appears to be Tennessee, US So technically they do. :D

but yes, i understand that people are in other countries.. You may think it means "doodly squat here". But what i was referring to was the idea of "Freedom of Speech".. I will never censor anyone, edit their posts, or anything else against someone unless it's against the Forum rules. I'm just a strict Constitutionalist :D

AH HAH! Therefore as per my last post your going to agree that the disagreement is actually an agreement for a disagreement with the agreement that to agree is to disagree without a disagreement to the agreement, which would constitute an agreement for the disagreement, which would then be the intitial agreement for the disagreement to be agreed upon, however,........................................

I think my head just exploded dizzy.png

Cheers :wave: