Anti-Malware Toolkit 1.03.125

• Administrator

Version 1.03.125 has been released.

Changes

• [Added] Program list will now highlight a program in red if it is incompatible with user's Operating System.
  • [Added] Link to PC Cleanup guide on main program so users can get help with the programs if they need it.
  • [Fixed] Links in About form now show correct tooltips.
  • [Fixed] Code cleanup, bugfixes and optimizations.
  • [Changed] LunarDownloader name has been changed to Anti-Malware Toolkit.

Download: Lunarsoft

Link: Digg This!

The name of the program changed as some users expressed concern about the Downloader part of the name.

Under Links, the PC Maintenance menu has been changed to PC Cleanup for clarity purposes, this is also reflected in our wiki.

This is one of the finest PC Maintenance and Security Programs out there. It offers both convenience and quality. Saves all PC users whether they are novice, setting up their computer or in the case of the professional IT time in setting up a clients . Its flexibility of downloadable program selections from its Menu makes it a foolproof way for any user to pretty much have a turnkey experience.

Start-up Lite currently is not included due to its being a little too inconsistent controlling the programs users disable. Due to certain instances, your constantly reusing it to disable the same programs or some of the same programs. its not a set it and forget it program at this juncture therefore making it harder for those users not at the professional level . I tend to agree after further discussions with the Developer of the Anti-Malware ToolKit. (Tarun )

• Administrator

I'm still evaluating StartupLite. I have heard that it doesn't always remember the settings a user applies, which has led to a further evaluation. Until I can determine whether or not this is the case, both HijackThis and AutoRuns can set startups properly. In fact, I would recommend using Autoruns over StartupLite at this time.

• Administrator

AutoRuns does not remove them. If you uncheck an item it does like MSConfig and moves it to a safe, deactivated area. Though if you delete it then it's removed from the registry/startup area.

• 2 weeks later...

This strikes me as a tremendously useful tool, particularly for quick downloads of all the tools I typically use to clean up computers (and thanks for making it portable).

Did you have any intention of adding tools like combofix and smitfraudfix to the package? They are wonderfully simple and powerful malware removal tools, and I think they would compliment your tool nicely.

• Administrator

Hi John, thanks for the feedback!

The reason I had not included those tools as of yet is because Malwarebytes Anti-Malware tends to remove them without any issues. I admit I feel reluctant to add Combofix, as it has had severe issues in the past where it has deleted the entire System32 directory due to a rootkit infection.