RootKit.Agent /TR/Trash.Gen

SUPERAntispyware Professional did not catch it or prevent it either did my Nod 32. MBAM found it and removed it easily. So my question then is this should I go back to using Avira PREMIUM which I have a paid key for, would that be better protection against Rootkits. Any insight into this would be most appreciated .

EDITED; I was just at both the Eset and Avira Websites and it seems only the Avira Antivirus actually states anywhere it has antirootkit protection. So back to using Avira Premium.

Well Nod 32 let me down i just finished scaning with Avira Premium and it found two Trojans called TR/Trash.Gen TWO DIFFERENT variants is it safe to delete them from quarantine or should i leave them in quarantine.

Oh Yes, it is that bad, especially when the fastest I can get is 31.2kbs........ and I had over 60Gb of programs files, not counting all the music and game files........

might have to spend the $AU400+ and go for wireless broadband, but I'm not liking my chances getting this past the Home Finance Minister..... ::le sigh::

Cheers :gold:

• 4 weeks later...

Quite a few AVs are supposed to find rootkits; but in tests I've seen, none of them do as well as the better dedicated antirootkit scanners. The ones that are consistently ranked highest are GMER and Rootkit Unhooker.

Note: Update on Rootkit Unhooker from Caveman: Microsoft now owns Rootkit Unhooker and SEye….”As you can guess all our source code and concept were sold to MS. The new secret project of Micosoft is SEye ...