foobar2000

sickchik

I decided it was time to post. After 24 hours of racking brain over this, I am not ashamed to ask for help. I have downloaded the special installer, which includes columns,so i know i didn't screw that part up. :shocking:

And how the hell do I build a playlist? :D

honestly, its probably somewhere in the settings where your getting screwed up. If youve downloaded it all, and it wont show up, try going into the configuration or settings for foodbar and look for options relating to your problem in there. If all else fails, I (and no one seems to support me here at Lunarsoft) Highly and Strongly suggest Winamp. Its basically the same idea as foobar, but i like it better. If you are considering winamp, ask me about it before you download, because there are diffrent "packs" and ill help you choose which one is best for your needs.

Incase your wondering, Winamp and Foobar are the top competitiors right now for media players. I *believe* Winamp is more widley used and supported (skins, plugins and vizulizations) than Foobar.

)corjello(

lol, well some fights are better to admit defeat than waste all your resources trying to win and fail. :shocking:

Ive got an apology to make -

I know i didnt give you specific help for your problem (I was yelled at it a long time ago at CCleaner) but i figured some general info and an alternative would qualify. :D

)corjello(

I got it, finally. I was doing something really stupid and i wish to never speak of it again, hahaha.

I was totally skipping the display options. I was skipping right to the columns ui window, if you understand that.

Talk about retarded. :shocking:

I got it, finally. I was doing something really stupid and i wish to never speak of it again, hahaha.

I was totally skipping the display options. I was skipping right to the columns ui window, if you understand that.

Talk about retarded. :shocking:

na not retarded, i did the same thing, took me like 4 hours to figure it out lol.. reading the first couple posts i knew what the problem was, wish i had made your life easier and saw it.

by the way! make sure to save your foobar2000.cfg file to a backup folder! (say Foobar2000\backup) i notice that sometimes i lose all my settings, and just copying the backup foobar2000.cfg back fixes it!

oh, and easiest way i've found to control the player, is using the built on keyboard hotkeys.. i got 6 buttons that are "extra" keys.. these are my personal prefrences because of their location on the keyboard.. these are set to Global so that foobar doesn't have to have focus for them to work.

Internet - Previous Track

Email - Next Track

Search - Random Play

Volume Down - Volume Down

Volume Up - Volume Up

Mute - Pause (so other things such as games, or ventrilo aren't muted as well.. plus the media player will pause playin insted of just not sending out audio)

i really need to check these forums more often =P

1. Select Keyboard Shortcuts

2. Select what you want the button to do

3. Select what button you would like to preform the task in step 2

4. Set it as a Global Hotkey (without this set foobar must have focus to do the task.. use a button you don't use or you'll have to close foobar whenever you want to use that button)

5. Add the Button to the list

6. Save All

7. Close

then press the button to do the task. :shocking:

ahh the good ol days when we had no idea what we were doing.. So many things couldve been made so much easier. I remember when everytime we got a virus, we would just reformat the whole thing, much simpler, but at the same time a pain in the arse. 30 gigs, wow thats a lot. I thought one of my friends with 7,500 had a ton

Edit - yes i alwase use classic skins, Winamp lite doesnt support new ones. 7,900k playing a song.

)corjello(