• Normal monitor
    • Widescreen monitor
  2. 2. Size?

• 17"
    • 19"
    • 20"
    • 21"
    • Other

I'm so finicky I can't make a decision, I have a 17" + 19" (both normal LCD) and a 24" widescreen monitor at home....

Currently have the 24" hooked up to play WoW and if I had to make a decision which is best, I'd go for the 24". Once you have started using a widescreen monitor you'll find you don't want to go back to the normal screen.

But I'll have to deal with that fairly soon as the 24" is from work and I'll have to remember to return it one of these days :hyper:

Cheers :happybday:

32" flat screen

Currently have the 24" hooked up...........

How far away do you guy's have to sit with monitors that big?

I could stop wearing glasses on my computer with something that big.

I don't know. I sit on the couch when using that monitor. The flat screen is set up as the TV, computer, wii, DVD. So when I want to be comfy on the couch and flip between the internet and TV I am using that monitor which is maybe 8 feet away.

32" flat screen

Currently have the 24" hooked up...........

How far away do you guy's have to sit with monitors that big?

I could stop wearing glasses on my computer with something that big.

Normal distance, but then again my resolution is set down, it's set at 1152x864.

And 'Yes' I can read at that level, everytime I show something on my PC to people at work I get asked the question "How can you read that?".

I've started changing my answer to "Simple, I open my eyes and look, it's not braille you know......"

Cheers :cake:

• 1 year later...

i think i have a 17" CRT, though im still convinced it is a 19" probably something to do with going from 17" to 15" and then to this monitor which makes it so much bigger.

id probably want a 19" LCD, but im in no hurry and i dont want wide screen cause i play too many old games and im not sure how that would display in widescreen

( ::applies the RezzoRectoOldTopic spell:: )

Just to throw further confusion into the mix, have finally got my monitors set up, am now running dual 24" widescreen monitors and looking at getting another graphics card to hook up the 19" monitor (all flat screens) as well......

Yeah, yeah, I LOVE my screen real estate. Haven't looked back since hooking up the duals, great for playing games and still being able to surf/email/Vent/AIM/etc in the other 'window' without having to either minise or 'Alt-Tab' continuously.

Cheers :)

• 1 year later...