For the gun geeks

I don't know if anyone else has a carry permit or not. This might interest the ones that do. I bought some new loads for my Ruger P345, for defense purposes. DAAAAAMN, this are some goods rounds. They are Federal Law Enforcement Tactical HST .45ACP.

I can't afford to mix up $50 worth of ballistic gel so I tried some in tight-packed wet newspaper. Here's some pics of the results.

HST1.jpg

HST3.jpg

I don't carry anything that big, but I like 9mm +P.

I have found that 9mm's are nice but if you want what you shoot to stay down you need a .45 cal....!!!

Doubt so you would need a .45 cal. A 9mm would most likely be enough, people would be shocked to be shot too.

You know, its not like in the movies with Arnold Schwarzenegger or Rambo where people get shot and go like "Don't worry, its just a fleshwound" and keeps on like if its nothing. :hello:

Yeah, unless your name is Arnold Schwarzenegger. :hello:

Big guys are supposed to carry big guns, heh.

I love how in the Terminator, he carried that huge mini-gun/gattling-gun. :nyah:

Oh, that is a nice gun you have. What model is it?

Do you carry it in public? Are you allowed todo so?

I carried a P9 around for a while, but even though it was very thin and light it was still too much for hot weather concealment. So I started carrying a P32. It may not pack as much punch as the others, but it is so small that I am much more likely to actually carry it. The best gun in the world is the one you have on you when you actually need one.

I carried a P9 around for a while, but even though it was very thin and light it was still too much for hot weather concealment. So I started carrying a P32. It may not pack as much punch as the others, but it is so small that I am much more likely to actually carry it. The best gun in the world is the one you have on you when you actually need one.

The P9 wasn't bad either.

The P32 looks really neat and small. :hello:

if the size and weight of the desert eagle got annoying, i'd probably go with a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P228 lightweight 9mm.

Yeah, that one looks very nice too.

Think the Walther P99 looks slightly nicer though...

I'm going out on a limb here in assuming you know nothing about guns......

It looks nice??????

Have you ever fired a weapon and if you did was it because it LOOKED NICE?.

Please get a clue and have a reality check.

Any weapons effectiveness is NOT improved by its appearance!!! Thought I'd point that out in case you weren't aware.

Yes I am qualified to talk about weapons, 20 years ex-Army and Gunnery Instructor to boot!

Have a nice day. :hello:

I have more than one handgun that "looks nice!" A lot of people do. Looking and shooting are different and you know that from the military. Most military weapons are "not nice looking" to me. Maybe some think so. My twenty two years of military service does not change that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, that is a nice gun you have. What model is it?

Do you carry it in public? Are you allowed todo so?

It's a Ruger Mod. P345 .45ACP. Yep, carry it every day, except for Gov. buildings, Post Office, schools, parks, and places that sell beer & booze by the drink. I have a Tennessee carry permit that is recognized by 31 other states.

if the size and weight of the desert eagle got annoying, i'd probably go with a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P228 lightweight 9mm.

It looks nice??????

Any weapons effectiveness is NOT improved by its appearance!!! Thought I'd point that out in case you weren't aware.

Yes I am qualified to talk about weapons, 20 years ex-Army and Gunnery Instructor to boot!

You're right about that I don't know much about guns, and that I have never fired a real weapon.

Yes, I think it does look nice. I am aware that the firepower or effectiveness isn't increased because "it looks nice". :nyah:

Different people like guns for different reasons, some like collect the old classic WW2 guns, some like the latest high-tech guns, some like the stylish guns, and some like the guns with firepower. Some like just to look at them, while others like to take them to a ranch and fire them.

If I wanted firepower, then there is the pump-action shotgun, the Desert Eagle or the Magnum 357.

I don't think you need all that firepower, if you shoot someone, they will panic as soon as they notice, when they see blood, they will scream like little girls. :)

I never fired a gun, I don't own a gun, and I don't really long to own or fire one. I am not a "gun geek" or a "gun nut".

I think some guns like the Walther P99 looks nice.

I wouldn't want to shoot anyone, hurting is bad.

It looks nice??????

You're right about that I don't know much about guns, and that I have never fired a real weapon.

Yes, I think it does look nice. I am aware that the firepower or effectiveness isn't increased because "it looks nice". :nyah:

Different people like guns for different reasons, some like collect the old classic WW2 guns, some like the latest high-tech guns, some like the stylish guns, and some like the guns with firepower. Some like just to look at them, while others like to take them to a ranch and fire them.

If I wanted firepower, then there is the pump-action shotgun, the Desert Eagle or the Magnum 357.

I don't think you need all that firepower, if you shoot someone, they will panic as soon as they notice, when they see blood, they will scream like little girls. :)

I never fired a gun, I don't own a gun, and I don't really long to own or fire one. I am not a "gun geek" or a "gun nut".

I think some guns like the Walther P99 looks nice.

I wouldn't want to shoot anyone, hurting is bad.

I don't like the idea of shooting another human being. But I do like breathing. So, if it comes down to me not breathing or me shooting somebody.....well, you get the picture.

I don't like the idea of shooting another human being. But I do like breathing. So, if it comes down to me not breathing or me shooting somebody.....well, you get the picture.

Indeed. I agree with you.

People shouldn't mess with others. People should not invade on other peoples safety.

If people try to take your life, then I think that it is fair to shoot them. They should know better.

People shouldn't mess with others. People should not invade on other peoples safety.

If people try to take your life, then I think that it is fair to shoot them. They should know better.

I totally concur with this even though we have very strict gun laws here. If someone threatens me or my family I'm going to do my best to stop them with whatever is at hand and I'll deal with the consequences after.

Cheers :hello:

I totally concur with this even though we have very strict gun laws here. If someone threatens me or my family I'm going to do my best to stop them with whatever is at hand and I'll deal with the consequences after.

Cheers :hello:

Yep. My Dad always said, "It's better to tried by twelve, than carried by six."

• 3 months later...

FYI

USgovt is going to stop making all ammo available this is the only way they can curb gun possession. The UN even tried to get the gun law passes here and could not...so go on a shopping spree if you want to be able to use your piece.

We may need to use it in the near future....

We got out and shoot only 1x month now but are stocking up - while we can.

sunbirdbudz