Anything goes topic

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwwwwwww "Tanks" MP, I've been a MOM to alot of kiddos, and I really enjoy it. :P

Be careful tonight and I wish the best for ALL the little children. Hope you find her.

CaPMan,

Thanks sweetie, Ya'll make me smile too, I really like this group, it's so much like a family to me. My family is still very close in mileage and love but ya'll have kept me going for a few months here when I didn't know what else to do with myself. I've not been out of of a job without kids ever, so this has been really tough on me.

:hello: TO ALL

being cool and polite to a police officer will go along way, trust me on this......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This has worked the whole two times I have been pulled over.

First one was for DUI when I was still young and stupid (18) and thought I was under the limit (.05 here) as I'd stopped drinking 6 hours before. But when I blew in the bag it showed an alcohol content over the limit.

The 2 officers questioned if I'd been drinking and I told them I had but had not had a drink for the 6 hours previous. They decided to make sure and took me into the watchhouse where I was put onto the breathalyzer which at that stage was run by a qualified doctor.

The doctor made be blow into the breathalyzer and it showed a reading of .17 (3 times the legal limit). He looked at me and said 'Has to be a glitch' as we had been chatting for 15 odd minutes, and I was not slurring my words nor could he smell alcohol on my breath.

So, he reset the machine and had me redo the test, again, I blew .17.

He shook his head and said 'Well try it again' as he didn't believe that someone with no visible slurring and no alcoholic breath could blow that high.

So, once again reset everything, even turned the machine off, waited 5 minutes to redo the test, but again, came up .17. His final statement was 'Well, this time its 3rd time unlucky and you'll be charged'.

Long story short, I was processed and was allowed to go home. Now, normally, the police leave you up to your own devices to get home, but the 2 officers who pulled me over originally (for only straddling the centre line) who had been through the whole breathalyzer process with myself and the doctor, and also didn't understand why I wasn't reeling around drunk, said 'Sorry we had to bust you, but seeing that this whole process seems out of whack we'll get you home'.

Again it seems my politeness and willingness to co-operate from the start stood me in good stead because they went back to my car (which would normally be towed) and one of the officers got out and asked for my keys. He then hopped into my car and drove it home whilst we followed. I have not heard of this ever happening then or even now.

Second time I was pulled over (running a red light, even though I thought I was fine) I pulled over and when the officer approached the car I said to him "Good afternoon officer, having a nice day?"

He was taken aback at this because normally folks don't say squat and tend to be surly towards him (he told me this later). He then informed me that I'd run the red light and asked whether I had a reason for this. I said jokingly 'No, but it must have been a fair cop as you've pulled me over for it and guess next time I'll keep a better eye out on the lights.'

Again, he was taken aback (could tell this by his facial features) as he was expecting me to argue the point. After a moments hesitation he replied with 'Sorry, but I'm going to have to book you as I've already called this in and can't let you go with a warning.' My reply was 'That's fine, your only doing your job, that's what us taxpayers pay you for' with a cheeky grin on my face. We both laughed at this and as he was leaving I gave him a wave and a 'You have good afternoon officer' and he just shook his head, again I think in disbelieve and waved back.

After all that diatribe, it just shows, treat them with respect and they'll do the same to you. And yes I have a lot of respect for the boys (and girls) in blue.

Cheers :hello:

PS: I have never driven drunk again, even though I do like my drink :P

Ermm, okay, now I'm totally confused.

The original reply (second post up) was started in the 'Anything Goes' topic, and that's where I was replying.

For some unknown reason, it has popped up in here, any chance of moving it into there Tarun as it's out of sync here and won't make sense otherwise.

Heheh, he had me going too. Just sent a PM asking to wait till we've at least logged off.

Had me thinking my box was possessed and I was waiting for the monitor to start doing 360degrees turns and projectile vomiting paper out of the printer.

:hello:   Oh man, my computer is really doing weird things and then I find this in here.  *banging head on keyboard* :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's better to reply by using your fingers on the keyboard, makes it easier to read at this end :)

Cheers :P

• Administrator

I'm trying to keep things on track. We're talking about jobs and it started to get rather off topic, so I moved them. Maybe I should lock the forums when I work on them, then unlock when finished. These posts are getting moved to CaPMan's topic too.

I'll unlock the other topic after a bit. It was about jobs and it was getting pretty off topic by job occurances and stuff. I cleaned it up as I saw fit.

I think Tarun meant locking the topics only whilst he was moving them, that way the thread stays together as it's moved.

I don't think he meant a permanent lock out.

Whilst we're on the subject (and if it's not, take this as a new one :P ) is there a way to give us permission to delete our posts? That way if we find we've missed the thread we can cut and paste into the new topic and remove the out-of-sync posts that we've made?

• Administrator

Well like I said, it wasn't going to be locked for long. (Maybe 15 minutes tops) It seemed to me things were getting off topic talking about personal lives, be it things that happened related to another person's job, school, things of that nature.

But hey, maybe I made a mistake. :\

I did what I thought was right, but I am still learning too...

LOL SenutyEnool! I agree about the typing with my fingers!!!

Actually guys, I'm soooooooooo glad I'm here to share in the confusion!!! This is FUN!! :hello:

I was thinking that Tarun is gonna be up ALL night trying to figure out where, what, when and who goes over there------------> nope over there <------------

Ohhhhhhhhhh he gets outta school and LOOK WHAT HAPPENS!!!! I'm totally laughing my a** off and that's hard to do sitting on it :P

Well like I said, it wasn't going to be locked for long.  (Maybe 15 minutes tops)  It seemed to me things were getting off topic talking about personal lives, be it things that happened related to another person's job, school, things of that nature.

But hey, maybe I made a mistake.  :\

I did what I thought was right, but I am still learning too...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah, you're doing fine and moving the posts into here does make sense at it is the 'Anything Goes' topic. Just might want to curb moving posts till there's no-one (or at least one, two at the most) logged on.

That way when we log back on we can follow the move in it's natural order.

And as for learning, heheh, guess what??? You'll never stop, always something new comes around the corner that you weren't aware of.

Cheers and keep up the good work :hello:

• Administrator

I can at least blame part of it on the forum software! It mixed in two different topics which greatly annoyed me and deters me from wanting to move them. Splitting seems to work, then merging. Meh. Not like I'll do it that often, maybe I'm just in a weird mood. *Wonders how old that tuna was he had for dinner...* (It didn't expire till July 2008 though!)

Well, there ya go. Talk about learning something new. Never even entered my mind to do that, told ya I was going senile :P

As an aside, being a forum owner I've let my folk delete there own posts as it makes for a tidier topic, but then again I've only 50 odd members and we tend to police ourselves.

But, the ability to delete your own posts was only a suggestion and I can live without it.

..........Not like I'll do it that often, maybe I'm just in a weird mood.  *Wonders how old that tuna was he had for dinner...*  (It didn't expire till July 2008 though!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm, I hope the tuna *expired* before that. If not, since when do you eat live fish? :P

Maybe I can make it where Supporters get that as a benefit.  I wonder what others would think of that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my opinion I'd leave it how it is, it would only make the 'Supporters' look like an elitist group and wouldn't really be fair on others who can't afford to become a 'Supporter'.