Anything goes topic

Interesting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As is a lot of Australian slang.

Also, the way they shorten a lot of words fits in with their laidback style well.

For instance they don't say "this afternoon", they say "this arvo".

I guess the quicker they can get conversation out of the way, the more Tinny's they can fit in. ;)

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the quicker they can get conversation out of the way, the more Tinny's they can fit in.

Amen to that brother, amen to that punk.gif

And talking of tinnies, it's now beaut 26°C and near on time to fire up the barbie :lol: and crack a few.

Soooo, if you're in the neighbourhood, drop in and we'll share a few of these ... beer.gif

Cheers andavagoodweegend. ;)

Ermmm, g'day again,

I've just noticed I've got this warn ferkin' thingamibob on my posts, looks like this --> Warn: (0%)■■■■■ <--

My question is, did I fluff up somewhere? If I did, was wondering what it was that I dropped the ball on. :(

Cheers and I promise to behave :lol: ;)

Soooo, if you're in the neighbourhood, drop in and we'll share a few of these ... beer.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would do but I'm Back of Bourke at the moment. ;)

Maybe some other time.

If I ever get to Paralowie, Adelaide where we have friends of the family, then I will stop off at yours as well.

So fire up the barbie and crack open a tinny on my behalf.

If I ever get to Paralowie, Adelaide where we have friends of the family, then I will stop off at yours as well.

So fire up the barbie and crack open a tinny on my behalf.

Well alrighty then... If you do ever happen to be in the neighbourhood, let me know and we'll most certainly arc up the barbie and throw a few tubes in the 'Coolibah'.

Oh, by the way, that invite is open to all that stumble on past our locale :w00t:

Cheers ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would let everyone know how bad life has been to me lately.

Friday: Woke up with a bad stomach bug, went to work anyway, managed to stay there for 3 hours, could not handle it any more so I went home again.

Saturday: Woke up with an ulcer in my mouth. Stomach bug nearly gone though.

Sunday: Woke up with a cold sore on both lips.

Sunday night: Broke a tooth.

Monday: Woke up early, felt good, got ready for work, got in car. Car would not start. Walked some of the way to work, got a bus for a bit more of the journey, got off bus walked a bit more, phoned my brother and he picked me up to complete the journey.

Roll on Tuesday, surely it can't get any worse.

LOL! Sounds like my day. Woke up at 5:30 (about an hour later than usual), got to work for 7, came home for a lunch, well my wife took our daughter to gymnastics "dont worry, the little guy wont wake up, i need you to watch him". Well he woke up, took a huge dump which I had to clean while cooking lunch, my pager is buzzing like a hornets nest, cell phone is ringing, home phone is ringing, little guy is hungry, making him a bottle, wife finally gets home, i zip back out to work, finish work at 5, huge log jam of traffic downtown, get home at 6, wife has plans, picked up at 6:10, kids are both sleeping, daughter wakes up and has a 45 minute fit that mommy is gone out, little guy wakes up, trying to feed them both, comfort her with cartoons, brother in law pops by with computer stuff for me, gotta get kids to bed. its now after 9, things are quiet, boy is snoozing, daughter is almost out on couch, and i got 12 hour day at work tomorrow.

one day very soon, i hope to sleep..... ;)

When I first saw the post by Yokenny, I could not believe that someone could be so derogatory towards the site owner, but then began to think that perhaps they knew each other and it was some sort of in joke.

Then I looked a bit later at work and read Taruns response, so I thought I would contribute, so I logged in and got 2 pm's, one from Yokenny and one from Tarun.

I started to reply to the one from Tarun, because I then realised it was not a joke, but had to cut the reply short, because I had lots of work to do and heard a boss coming.

I then thought I would contribute to the topic when I got home, but like you say Lordoftheweb, it was gone. It could have been a good flaming thread, but I guess that is what Tarun does not want, although at the time it probably felt right for Tarun to start a flaming topic against him.

It is a shame he was banned so quick as I would of liked to have seen his reply once he had found out that he had reported Tarun to Tarun.

How could a 60 year old person come out with such immature comments, and we are told to respect our elders.

The guy was a tosser and Lunarsoft does not need or wish to have tosser's as members.

Just my opinion though.

• Administrator

I consider what others whom viewed the site may think of the thread, so I removed it completely. I got osme good advice. ;)

But it's done with, dealt with, and he is now... ;)

G'day folks,

Heh, I was also following this thread with some interest and was counting to see how long before he got whamoed.

I totally agree with Tarun's decision to ban this moron as it's not something that's needed in a forum where people come looking for help.

I tend to do the same with my forums, but I also put in a proviso that if people need to have a go at me or need to vent their spleen about something that they do it in PMs to me.

That way I can, if needs be, rectify what ever the problem is and get everything back on even keel without the general populace getting involved and having the whole issue get out of hand.

Once again, good choice Tarun ;)

Cheers ;)

I consider what others whom viewed the site may think of the thread, so I removed it completely.  I got osme good advice.  ;)

But it's done with, dealt with, and he is now...   ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL! Dude I've been with my wife for 15 years-bet your lady was the one that "gave the good advice".

I can understand why you got mad at YoKenny, but the flaming thread was probably not the most mature and/or progressive way in responding. I didnt actually see all of the posts by YoKenny, so I cant speak to the issue fully, but I do think it was the right thing to remove the thread. Too bad my tasteless jokes had to go too...... ;)

• Administrator

LOL!  Dude I've been with my wife for 15 years-bet your lady was the one that "gave the good advice".

I can understand why you got mad at YoKenny, but the flaming thread was probably not the most mature and/or progressive way in responding.  I didnt actually see all of the posts by YoKenny, so I cant speak to the issue fully, but I do think it was the right thing to remove the thread.  Too bad my tasteless jokes had to go too...... ;)

You should really put your age in your profile. ;) Just enter your birthdate.

I'm 25 and not married YET, but I definitely want to be! ^^

Change of topic.

Just over 3 months ago I got an email from my ISP, stating that my connection was being upgraded from 512 Kbps to 1 Mbps, but then nothing ever happened about it.

Today I got an email with a link to activate the upgrade process, which will take up to 7 days to complete, but, and this is where it gets good I am being upgraded from 512 Kbps to 2 Mbps. :hello:

Have not actually downloaded anything since the upgrade, just been browsing.

There was something at the beginning of the week that I thought of downloading, but thought I would wait for the upgrade, now I can't remember what it was.