Forums Accelerated

Yeah like when you drive a car after getting it fixed or something, you convince yourself that it is a lot better.

I am sure there is an increase in speed though as I have found it quite sluggish on here sometimes lately, today in work especially, (when i was trying to log out in a hurry).

no difference on my side.  can you make the boost even speedier?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Throttled. The link explains what the change did. I can actually tell the pages are loading faster.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. The pages aren't stalling anymore. Sweet! :unsure:

Not so sure..

Last time I was on I was on Broadband, now on dial-up, its much slower.. But its because I havent been able to compare.

This doesn't waste bandwidth of anything does it? Like when you do that thing on firefox browser which tripes the speed. It wastes bandwidth or something?

//Haze

I haven't noticed.  Perhaps it's a placebo :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very funny. :unsure:

But no, not a placebo. I was scared to mention that the pages weren't stalling because I thought that the not stalling was a placebo before Tarun mentioned it. :D

I haven't noticed.  Perhaps it's a placebo :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very funny. :unsure:

But no, not a placebo. I was scared to mention that the pages weren't stalling because I thought that the not stalling was a placebo before Tarun mentioned it. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wh..hwhaha.w.. wha? *confused*

I'm running on a wireless, SBC 385k DSL, FF with Firetunes. Can't say I've noticed a difference, but I've changed my connection method three times in the past couple of weeks (junky wireless adapter, phone line adapter, another junky wireless adapter) so I don't have a consistent control.

• 7 months later...