I'm wanting to...

New_Age

I might do that but I need to make sure if the Motherboard will fit in the case. My current Case does... fit my current Motherboard but the Graphics Card, Sound Card, and Wireless Adpater doesn't quite fit all the way in. The little slots that you push down in were made in a stupid area! I hated it. I had to cut off the long metal peice off my Sound Card and Wireless Adpater to able to fit right which sucks. Well, Those parts I know are good though. I just hope that doesn't happen with this Case and Motherboard.

I'd go with a Seagate hard drive.  I've never seen one at work so far that has had any issues.  I see a lot of Western Digitals need to be replaced though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The endless debate. I would make the same argument, but in reverse. These things really come down to personal experience.

I'd go with a Seagate hard drive.  I've never seen one at work so far that has had any issues.  I see a lot of Western Digitals need to be replaced though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, I went with that company. It's always worth trying something new :D

I hope everything works out and that my Motherboard fits into the case :D

i didnt know that Tarun! :D

both my maxtor HDD are purchased in 2004... my first HDD was seagate... but one fine afternoon, dont know why, it failed and i lost my files including school projects... scary :D thats my bad experience with it...

I've just realized to myself that I really don't need an upgrade. All I'm getting now is just a 1GB of RAM, New Case with an Awesome animal clawed LED Lights in front of case, and thats about it. I'll upgrade my Video card and Prosessor some other time.

• 1 month later...

I hope that Seagate will maintain the Maxtor quality!!

I've got two Maxtor hard drives at my place right now - both dead. I've also got 4 Seagates, and 2 WDs, all of which show excellent performance and fitness from SMART and their manufacturers' diagnostic tests.

All pre-built systems I've seen lately have Maxtors in them, and both of the drives that died came in pre-built systems (one was HP, the other was Gateway). Both systems also didn't have any exhaust fans, and relied on the PSU to extract heat. Might also be why the HP PSU died last week... :love:

In the end, heat is the main killer of hard drives. Keep your drives relatively cool (sub 40C) and they'll last you a good long while. :love:

I've got a WD in my computer right now, previously had a Maxtor. Never really had a problem with any of them, but my Dad works for Hitachi, so... :love:

My WD is good, reasonably fast, decent space and cheap, but the whines is the noisiest part of my PC >.<

• 1 month later...

Mine is a Hitachi, I've had it for a couple of years no problems, for the first 1.5 year is was running between 55-60C

And out of the other brand I prefer WD, at the school I attended the Seagate hard drives had a 10% failure rate :happybday: