What type of Vehicle do You drive?

Toyota Diesel 4x4 for me. Even though I'm about to remortage the house to afford the fuel..... :)

Cheers :)

Funnily enough my sister phoned me from Australia today, she is in Perth now, she had been in Sydney for a few days prior to that though, she said that you guys were complaining about the price of fuel, and had been telling people to come over here and pay what we pay. We pay twice as much as you.

She also said that everything else was well dear compared to the last time that she was there 4 years ago.

Anyway, my car:

1998 Vauxhall Astra, the day I picked it up a couple of weeks ago, it needed some work doing and a good clean up.

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

My last vehicle was a 1966 Dodge pickup, but I couldn't afford the major repairs it eventually needed, so it's gone. Don't have a car or truck now. I borrow my sister's 2007 Ford Focus when I need to, but I really need a truck.

Toyota Diesel 4x4 for me. Even though I'm about to remortage the house to afford the fuel..... :)

Cheers :)

Funnily enough my sister phoned me from Australia today, she is in Perth now, she had been in Sydney for a few days prior to that though, she said that you guys were complaining about the price of fuel, and had been telling people to come over here and pay what we pay. We pay twice as much as you.

She also said that everything else was well dear compared to the last time that she was there 4 years ago.

Yes, true you do pay near on double the price. But let me ask you this, how far do you drive? England can be put into Australia 3 times(?). Put in another way, my usual weekly travel is just over 1000kms (620+ miles) and that's from and too work only, no side trips. I visit my relations at least once a year and that trip alone is 7880kms 4846miles (return without any sidetrips) and I'm not an exception with this.

So you can see why we're up in arms about fuel prices, the other reason we're not happy is that there's a GST (VAT/Sales Tax) on fuel, PLUS, a 'Levy' (read tax) as well, if you're interested have a read of the attached .pdf file, it explains it very nicely.

Cheers

Fuel_The_Mass_Debate.pdf