Beta version of PC Maintenance

• Administrator

I'm seeking opinions on this. For now, I'm considering rolling with this layout.

PC Maintenance Preview Removed - Outdated

What does everyone think of the layout?

make it Kerio or ZoneAlarm instead of Comodo. i just tried it out and it seemed like a nice firewall, but when i tried to uninstall it, it left so much of its s*** in my comp. i had to use Autoruns to delete some paths which said file was not found.

• Administrator

Okay, centered, bolded and made the big question easier to see. ;P

I appreciate feedback on the links and all, but I'm curious what people think of the layout and design.

If it loads alright on dialup it'd rock. :sick:

uhm, in the disclaimer, theres no way to know that your talking about yourself. like add in "the owner of the site" or something. You just say I...

also, i think it would be bad to include the version numbers in the write-up. They change so much that it would be extremely hard to keep up with it all

)corjello(

• Administrator

uhm, in the disclaimer, theres no way to know that your talking about yourself. like add in "the owner of the site" or something. You just say I...

also, i think it would be bad to include the version numbers in the write-up. They change so much that it would be extremely hard to keep up with it all

)corjello(

That's why I now have one file to rule them all!

Yeah, that's what prompted my huge rewrite of all of the PC Maintenance pages. I got tired of updating all the little numbers and stuff. Now I'm using a php include file that calls one file and then echoes the version numbers in every pc maintenance page.

well i mentioned the version number because you have ccleaner listed as a x.28.x and right now i believe it is at a x.31.x. is this because of the new toolbar? you could alwase point to the slim downversion

• Administrator

make it Kerio or ZoneAlarm instead of Comodo. i just tried it out and it seemed like a nice firewall, but when i tried to uninstall it, it left so much of its s*** in my comp. i had to use Autoruns to delete some paths which said file was not found.

Comodo is version 2 currently and works as intended. Quite nicely for a freeware firewall too. There were no such issues when I uninstalled it in my VPC.

That DjLizard link is blank Tarun.

Fixed! Thanks krit!

)corjello(

Disclaimer has been updated. I have also updated the database so that the version numbers are up to date.

I like the layout, it's very clear and illustrative......it will make the information easy for someone like me to understand. :P

I'm hoping that the tables help a lot. I'm trying to keep it as free of clutter as I can.

This version is nearing completion. I'd say 75% is done. Time to live: Few more days.

• Administrator

That shouldn't be too much of a problem, considering computers come straight from the factory with that resolution. I've not seen any lately with 800x600. Plus, since it's a hi-fi version, I very highly doubt there will be people under 1024x768. :P

The Professional version is finished.

• Administrator

The lo-fi version works just great on my old dinosaur. Good layout; nice job.  :P

That's awesome! What was the pageload time at the bottom saying for you?

The lo-fi version works just great on my old dinosaur. Good layout; nice job.  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's awesome! What was the pageload time at the bottom saying for you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YOU NEED A FASTER SYSTEM...... :P

::flees back into the shrubbery::

Cheers ;P

Senuty, did you have a problem with the page?  O.o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ROFLMAO.....

No, no problems at my end, I'm on cable and it's near on instantaneous load.

Was just commenting about GK's system being a dinosaur and was relating the "YOU NEED A FASTER SYSTEM" to the speed of his pageload.

Sheesh, maybe I need to put out a joke disclaimer, especially on Mondays, seeing the braincells may have copped an alcohol bashing over the weekend and need time to catch up. ;P

(chalks up a 'Kill' for Monday :P - wonder how many more I can catch this week? :P )

Cheers ;P

don' beat me massa, was jus' funnin' withya..... :D