Tarun

How did you find Lunarsoft?

Yep, I came from the CCleaner forums as well, where Tarun so kindly took me under his wing and taught me a lot about posting, I really was a noob back then.

I got the idea by following Taruns signature here, and this forum is more socialable and has a greater variety of topics then most other forums do. :P

I was using MBAM and followed some of Tarun's ideas on their forum -

After clicking his Lunarsoft logo it led me here -

I pinched a few ideas and decided I should join -

Not sure. I know I started at TackTech looking at "Known XP Labels". I do a lot of repairs on Dells, which frequently do not have reinstallation disks, and I think it is criminal (i.e. FRAUD) that Dell sells them the Operating System, doesn't provide the customer with a reinstallation disk and the wants to charge them $25 for a disk that costs 50 cents to make.

Discovered Lunarsoft's wiki on how to modify the setupp.ini file to fool the O/S into thinking the product key is the correct one for the O/S disk. Since then I've learned quite a bit and have gotten better and making disks to repair broken machines.

Also, was not surprised to see the Dial-a-Fix/Lunarsoft connection. I got the DAF from a tech at Tech Support Forum. We were trading favorite software/repair utilities. DAF and Autoruns are my favorites. HDD Regenerator is my latest/new favorite discovery.

Anyways, DAF is really useful software. I suspect it could do MORE sometimes. What exactly I'm not sure.