How did you find Lunarsoft?

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not sure. I know I started at TackTech looking at "Known XP Labels". I do a lot of repairs on Dells, which frequently do not have reinstallation disks, and I think it is criminal (i.e. FRAUD) that Dell sells them the Operating System, doesn't provide the customer with a reinstallation disk and the wants to charge them $25 for a disk that costs 50 cents to make.

Discovered Lunarsoft's wiki on how to modify the setupp.ini file to fool the O/S into thinking the product key is the correct one for the O/S disk. Since then I've learned quite a bit and have gotten better and making disks to repair broken machines.

Also, was not surprised to see the Dial-a-Fix/Lunarsoft connection. I got the DAF from a tech at Tech Support Forum. We were trading favorite software/repair utilities. DAF and Autoruns are my favorites. HDD Regenerator is my latest/new favorite discovery.

Anyways, DAF is really useful software. I suspect it could do MORE sometimes. What exactly I'm not sure.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...