Will you use Vista when it's released?

Tarun

Will you use Vista when it's released?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Will you use Vista when it's released?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • I'll stick with my current OS

Hmmm, all depends on whether I can ever download the Beta for it. :P

Want to have a play around with it before I make a final decision.

However, looking at the processing speed and other requirements needed I'll probably hang off getting the Final till I get a complete new system.

Cheers :P

Let us know what you think.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good topic :P

I'll be sticking with XP until it MS and/or hardware vendors drop support for it. XP is fairly attractive and usable as it is, and I see no reason to upgrade to a much larger, more resource-hungry OS until that much computing power becomes common-place.

Also, supposedly Vista contains 5x more code than XP, yet they still claim it is more secure... I highly doubt that. Even if MS worked around the clock to keep bugs out, that much code can't be combed over in the time they alotted for creating Vista. I will wait AT LEAST two or three years after Vista's release until I buy it, since there will be plenty of insecurities exploited up to that point.

I think Vista could be a really cool experience, but the kinks need to be worked out first.

Probably the only member here but I'll probably go with Vista after a 1 year has passed over its release. I wanna make sure all the bugs and some updates get released and rolling. I may need to add more memory since I only have 768MB. I'll probably go to 1GB in a couple of months.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be getting vista :P

I am running Vista 5456 on a laptop and so far so good, except for the BSoDs that i always get at shut-down and hibernation....but i think thats caused by my antivirus because when i disable PCCillian everything goes well...

I may try Vista......after I spend $1200 on a new computer to meet the system specs.....and after they get all the bugs ironed out.....and after they make it secure.....and after HELL FREEZES OVER. :eyeroll:

Until then, I'll stay with XP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

G'day folks,

for those thinking of using Vista, you might want to read on.

Windows Vista has critical bugs

Windows users who had hoped that the Vista operating system will consign Patch Tuesday to the annals of history can think again. Microsoft has confirmed through one of its blogs that two of the seven critical Windows patches released last week also apply to Vista.

FULL STORY -> Vista Buggy!

Cheers from your intrepid webreporter book.gif

• 7 months later...

Archived